Anyone use TrueRTA?

duct_tape123

I was poking around on the web and found a program called TrueRTA. They offer a free version that only allows 1 octave steps, but I figured I'd give it a try. Now my question is, how accurate is this program? My graph came out alright(I guess, never played with this type of program before) for absolutely no EQ'ing. I just played with the settings on my headunit until I liked the sound then I ran the program. Here is the graph, tell me what you think.

rta.jpg

My system consists of a set of Power 6.5 components in the front doors, power 4x6 in the back doors, a pair of P1 10s down firing under the back seat, a Power1000, and a Pioneer 7000BT. The truck is a 2004 ext cab Silverado.

EDIT: The microphone I was using was a piece of crap, so I don't how much that affects the graph.

True RTA is only as accurate as the mircrophone your using. It will never judge your SPL like a termlab because it is measuring audible sound, not pressure like the termlab. To give you an idea, how not accurate it is look at a Audio Control Meter.

Ive messed with True RTA years ago just on my house stereo, and it said it was 144db :01nocomment8so:

Not to mention that you can adjust its sensitivity.

However it has a cool feature with built in tones you can play.

So you had a microphone on your computer record it all?

if so i wouldnt say its super right, maybe if it used a termlab type sensor

i dont know if a termlab type sensor would work for anything other than bass. you need a calibrated RTA mic for accurate RTA readings

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I have the 1/24th octave, worth every penny, just make sure you calibrate it correctly. I use it daily in the car audio world, and pro audio world

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

Archived