Sonic Electronix

So at the time I dont have the cash to get any sound deadner, and my trunk has been rattling alot to the point it has cracked my spoiler. Now my trunk has alot of open space between the outer sheet metal skin and the inner sheet metal skin. Would it be okay for me to fill in that area with Great Stuff? I figure it will add some mass to the trunk lid and maybe help the rattles until I can get a trunk pack from Second Skin in two weeks. So my question is would it be okay to do this, and do you think it would help a bit with the rattling?

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Erm you'll have a horrible time trying to get it out when you want to put the SS in later.

Deaden it (2 layers) THEN great stuff it and you'll end up with a very solid trunk, just remember the factory gas struts (if you have them) might not be up to lifting/holding it up any more.

Also if you're filling voids then it becomes illegal for dbdrag Street Classes, instant SS1-2NW or SS if your trunk lid is above the window line (lol such anal-retentive rules...)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I have no plans to compete, maybe just get metered now and then. And the part I am talking about filling in isnt really large enough to fit in Deadner. I will try to get a pic of what I am talking about. The car is an 03 Grand Am, I figured I would fill the voids with Great Stuff, then when I get the Deadner I would put it on the trunk lid(the part you can see when you open the trunk. Give me a sec and I will get a pic.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

be careful on how much you use in the trunk. if you spray too much in, you can stress the outer layer of metal.

basically, you'll push the metal out and cause some really weird bumps and shapes in your trunk lid, that will be visible from the outside.

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Erm you'll have a horrible time trying to get it out when you want to put the SS in later.

Deaden it (2 layers) THEN great stuff it and you'll end up with a very solid trunk, just remember the factory gas struts (if you have them) might not be up to lifting/holding it up any more.

Also if you're filling voids then it becomes illegal for dbdrag Street Classes, instant SS1-2NW or SS if your trunk lid is above the window line (lol such anal-retentive rules...)

i would deaden first then use the great stuff thats what i did with my truck. 3 layers of 6 mil aluminum faces butyl rubber deadner. i know its not a trunk but way better to great stuff after the deadner.

010-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

Edited by lil_italy773

Finally I found a damn pic LOL, all the areas the red lines are going to would be filled with great stuff. Then when I got the SS I would apply it to the trunk like normal.

Also all the spoiler bolts would be kept from being covered with great stuff.

FEB16-031a.jpg

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Finally I found a damn pic LOL, all the areas the red lines are going to would be filled with great stuff. Then when I got the SS I would apply it to the trunk like normal.

Also all the spoiler bolts would be kept from being covered with great stuff.

FEB16-031a.jpg

Do it, always worked well for me.

2 cans should be more than enough.

Just remember to tape up the holes right after spraying or gooey foam will leak out.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Do it, always worked well for me.

2 cans should be more than enough.

Just remember to tape up the holes right after spraying or gooey foam will leak out.

That is what I plan on doing, I know how messy Great Stuff can be LOL. I will probably do it in a lil while and post my results tomorrow sometime, to see how much of an improvement was made, I will do the same when I add the SS on top of it.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ