I have a digital meter from radio shack, and it keeps messing up, is anyone else having problems like this. I was out testing the voltage going to my amp with the car off and it read 12.40 which was perfect, then I turned the car on and it read 14.4 then went all over the place, and just kept jumping from one number to another, but it would jump to 14.4 every once and a while, but it was only for a split second... Anyone else expierence anything like this?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

It has nothing to do with the dmm.

I have a $400+ bluepoint dmm that I ordered from our local snapon dealer, and it does the samething.

Your car battery is only 12 volt, but batterys will usally read between 12.4 volts and 12.8 with the car turned off and no draw on the electrical system.

When your vehicle is on, your alt is charging your battery, most stock alt's charge between 13.8 and 14.6 volts (depending on make and model of your car).

Your alt will almost never put out a constant charge that will stay the same because your vehicle will have misc draws, such as radiator fans, heat, ac, fuel pump, lights and so forth.

It has nothing to do with the dmm.

I have a $400+ bluepoint dmm that I ordered from our local snapon dealer, and it does the samething.

Your car battery is only 12 volt, but batterys will usally read between 12.4 volts and 12.8 with the car turned off and no draw on the electrical system.

When your vehicle is on, your alt is charging your battery, most stock alt's charge between 13.8 and 14.6 volts (depending on make and model of your car).

Your alt will almost never put out a constant charge that will stay the same because your vehicle will have misc draws, such as radiator fans, heat, ac, fuel pump, lights and so forth.

EXACTLY man! :) That is just what I was going to say! Us wisconsinites think alike! :lol:

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Nothing was running except my stereo. But light right now it wont read ohms or anything, it glitches out or something when I touch it to something... Unless I put a new fuse in everytime, like the fuse is blown... Ill get a vid up tomorrow or something, show you what im talking about.

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif