H/O Alternator inquiry from H/O alt. owners/companies

Hello All,

With the number of members that have purchased H/O alternators (or from the Alternator Companies directly), I was curious what alternators seem to produce the best output at idle (or low rpm's)? I am looking to get a decent H/O alternator, but I keep reading/hearing that the 250-300 amp alternators only produce those numbers at crazy high RPM ranges and that some put out similar or less amps at idle rpms than some stock alternators. I have a '98 camaro and live in Texas, so not going to be removing the A/C unit and running dual alternators or anything like that. I plan on running an Xtant 1001 and an Xtant 604, so my amps will be drawing arounf 200 amps at full tilt.... any input would be truly appreciated!

DC Power Alternators!

/thread

...for real though 180 amps at idle while hot and 270ish amps maximum!

I was gonna say this as well, I will be picking up that alt real soon for my car.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Guest DC Power Kyle

We have a 270SP that will do 170-180 at idle with 270 amps of maximum output all day long,

We also just released a 270XP that will do 190-200 amps at idle with a top end of 270 amps as well.

We have a lot more stuff in the works in the pipeline as well. If you're interested in a quote, shoot me a PM.

here are some vids of the 270XP

this is the 270XP in my previous vehicle at idle.

When you bench them, are they under a load that simulates the kind of load they'd be under at idle in a vehicle?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Idle is such a relative term. It greatly depends on your exact engine idle rpm. You must know your crank pulley diameter and engine idle rpm to know what a particular alt will do on your car at "idle".

What motor is in your car? What is your engine rpm? What diameter is your crank pulley?

Thanks,Dom

Iraggi Alternator

Hello All,

With the number of members that have purchased H/O alternators (or from the Alternator Companies directly), I was curious what alternators seem to produce the best output at idle (or low rpm's)? I am looking to get a decent H/O alternator, but I keep reading/hearing that the 250-300 amp alternators only produce those numbers at crazy high RPM ranges and that some put out similar or less amps at idle rpms than some stock alternators. I have a '98 camaro and live in Texas, so not going to be removing the A/C unit and running dual alternators or anything like that. I plan on running an Xtant 1001 and an Xtant 604, so my amps will be drawing arounf 200 amps at full tilt.... any input would be truly appreciated!

my opinion get a dc power and be happy with it for a long time, and not have worries if somethign does happen that you need help with....ive had alternators from pretty much every other alt company and i'll pass on all the shady tree's

theres nothing worse then buying an alt from a company and them telling you later down the line....i dont have a record of you buying anything from me end of discussion.

I've never owned a dc, but i have been very pleased with my powermaster alts.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Archived