Sundown Audio

what amp do you think is better????

swat281

well i was gona sell my memphis for the jL... but yea i might just keep it, i still need to run a bigger ga wire for my power i got a 6 ga scosche.. i need a 4 ga..

depending on your final ohm load the JL audio may be better on your electrical then the memphis, all memphis amps are known to be pretty power hungry, but if your able to run like a 4ohm load on the JL that may work to your advantage.

how am i goin ape shit man jus told me i was full of shit so i said he was an asshole . i figured i would better clarify my opinion for him. damn near everybody has to conflict with what i say in a very negative way it could of been different if he said somethin like i beg to differ. instead of straight sayin ur full of shit. or this is my opinion like i said earlier everybody has their own experiences so i would expect yall to respect that not directing to u in general but everytime i say say somethin some one has to be a fuckin dick about it so ne ways i done wit this

my post was based on factual findings not my opinion on what would do better

how am i goin ape shit man jus told me i was full of shit so i said he was an asshole . i figured i would better clarify my opinion for him. damn near everybody has to conflict with what i say in a very negative way it could of been different if he said somethin like i beg to differ. instead of straight sayin ur full of shit. or this is my opinion like i said earlier everybody has their own experiences so i would expect yall to respect that not directing to u in general but everytime i say say somethin some one has to be a fuckin dick about it so ne ways i done wit this

The difference is that you WERE clearly full of it. He's not really an asshole. That often :P

Everything you posted in this thread was hearsay and speculation. Have you ever owned a JL 1000? Ever installed one? Played with one? Even seen one that wasn't a picture on the internet? If not, this makes your advice kinda pointless. I mean come on. You don't even know if the 1000.1 makes 1000wrms, what the hell are you posting in this thread for?

OP, if you can sell your memphis for enough to make the JL extremely extremely cheap then go for it IMO. The JL is a very, very nice amp.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

if the owner of the JL amp is your cousin, ask him to let you drop it in and see if its louder. Thats what family is about. If its louder buy it, if not, help him sell it as a thank-you for trying it out.

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

Like i said before the OP either will see a very minimal gain if any at best or it won't be any different SPL wise, the memphis amp is a very nice amp let's not forget. But I'd still buy that JL and sell it locally for at least double what he can buy it for. I've seen them sell locally and on ebay for $500+ used because people love JL and they think that they're ballin' by running JL. So they see the MSRP price @ $1000+ and can't afford it, instead they'll buy a used one for like 500 thinking they got a great deal.

So to the OP - buy the JL if u got the extra money, flip the amp and you should come out at least $200 ahead and still have your memphis amp.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

i would personall run the JL, they are strong and well built and will throw clean power!

i say this cause i ran 8 of them in my truck on 4 DD 9515 and never had a problem with them!

i would run them again if i had them!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

memphis 16st-1000d or the J/L Audio 1000.1

the jl 1000.1 will definately do better they have a well rounded bass, plus give u full power from 1.5-4ohm and 11-14volts, trust me ive used them for my self. dam good amps thats why they cost!

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41