Berto Posted November 5, 2009 Report Posted November 5, 2009 aight well i guess ill try that first but i think the switch will definitely be backup plan numero uno A positive thing to the switch is that you can have it playing videos when you want and you can have the videos not show when you want. TEAM FLEX ISSUES Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal 24" Rims HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone. Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled) Sub Amp: DC 9k SOON TO COME T3 Audio 6x9s MB Quarts 6.5" comp set MAYBE ADDED 2nd DC 9k
cvxsmitty58 Posted November 5, 2009 Author Report Posted November 5, 2009 I was thinkin that would be a good thing incase the 5-0 decide they need to pull me over for seein videos playin
kanarrjl Posted November 5, 2009 Report Posted November 5, 2009 some do need a series of on off on off type, mine i can just ground out and it works all the time i just wired it that way but my friends alpine had 2 switches which was a huge pain 97 Honda Civic Sedan Rear disc brake conversion 2" drop 17's lots of exterior mods SYSTEM SoundStream VIR-5850 Dvd player RE 6x9's and 6.5's Soundstream DTR4.500 Soundstream DTR1.2200 8" RE-x in a t-line Kinetik 1800 Plans 4-SA-8's Another Kinetik High output alt My Cardomain
Berto Posted November 5, 2009 Report Posted November 5, 2009 I was thinkin that would be a good thing incase the 5-0 decide they need to pull me over for seein videos playin Yeah that's why I did mine like that, cuz it illegal to drive with video playing in Cali. TEAM FLEX ISSUES Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal 24" Rims HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone. Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled) Sub Amp: DC 9k SOON TO COME T3 Audio 6x9s MB Quarts 6.5" comp set MAYBE ADDED 2nd DC 9k
cvxsmitty58 Posted November 5, 2009 Author Report Posted November 5, 2009 If you want to do a switch, then just buy a normal on/off switch and put your parking break lead to one input of the switch and your ground wire to the other. I have a pic, I'll get it from my photobucket right now.EDIT: And nice choice of unit, I had a Clarion and that's what I did ^ that too. I appreciate the diagram and i think its definitely the route im going to go.
Berto Posted November 5, 2009 Report Posted November 5, 2009 I appreciate the diagram and i think its definitely the route im going to go. Yeah it seems to help, especially if you a visual person, like me. And the little piece that look cut is the ground cable. TEAM FLEX ISSUES Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal 24" Rims HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone. Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled) Sub Amp: DC 9k SOON TO COME T3 Audio 6x9s MB Quarts 6.5" comp set MAYBE ADDED 2nd DC 9k
baggedon4s Posted November 5, 2009 Report Posted November 5, 2009 if you wanna be on the 5-0 safe side with out the switch, power the rear view camera turn on, and run the video out, to the camera in. since your h/u dosent cut the sound when your in camera, youll have sound and pic, and just a blue screen on dvd. this works for any h/u with a camera in the clarion is just ground the park brake. Pioneer use a relay, wire 85 to your remote turn on, 30 to parking brake wire 87 and 86 to ground. 99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.
qu1cks1lver56 Posted November 5, 2009 Report Posted November 5, 2009 in my neighbor's blazer we put it on a switch to ground. but it was an older pioneer flip out First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
IH8PunkRok Posted November 5, 2009 Report Posted November 5, 2009 if you wanna be on the 5-0 safe side with out the switch, power the rear view camera turn on, and run the video out, to the camera in. since your h/u dosent cut the sound when your in camera, youll have sound and pic, and just a blue screen on dvd. this works for any h/u with a camera in why not just switch to a different source? i has an aux doesnt it? hell switch it to radio thats what i do -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
baggedon4s Posted November 5, 2009 Report Posted November 5, 2009 why not just switch to a different source?i has an aux doesnt it? hell switch it to radio thats what i do some of the smart ass ones want to see the can not view in motion screen, and I hate toggle switches. The only flip out I ever added toggle switches to bypass, was a alpine 99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.