old guy needed a ride home

well me and my girl went to the store tonight was about 8pm so was pretty dark out here, we pulled in and i seen this older guy sitting there at one of the drive ways pulling his stuff out of his cart, thinking to myself oh he must live close by to be walking, pulled into the parking spot girl got out ran in for what we needed. whole time i'm watching this old guy trying to hitch hike with few bags of food and big bag of cat food, at one point i seen him kinda give up few cars pasted and he just kept his head down and didn't even try to put his tumb out. well girl gets back and i point over to him and she like no you are not giving some weird guy a ride. so i did what any good person would do lol got yelled at but, i pulled up next to him asked where he was headed, figure ok if hes going my way i'll give him a ride, turns out he was going in different way out of my way but said i can give you some gas money and i figure hey if hes going to pay for the gas what the hell its not like i got anything planned at the moment... so i tell him to get in despite the look i was getting from my girl. so we on the way to his house he started talking to me and i did the same, we passed his street so we turn around no big deal after seeing his road (fuking 2 track pretty much) i could understand how we missed it at night going 60mph. and come to find out he lived like 10 miles away from this store. anyways we get to his house he ask how much do i owe you i just man just give me like 2 bucks no big deal just glad i could help you out he hands me 20 bucks after flipping thru a couple of 100's...

moral of the story i guess is not everyone you see hitch hiking is going to kill you lol unlike what my girl thinks. some just got broken down car like this guy had (seen his car sitting in his drive way)

anyways just figured i'd share my store maybe some other will see it don't hurt to help others out some times

oh ya it prolly cost me 1/8th of what he gave me for the gas i spent to drive him home

Jon

you got more balls than i do... i wouldn't do it.... i would think the groceries would be a cover up... but you never know how nice the guy will be... good job at being a kind american and doing a good dead though

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

lol ya i see the point of yours and like my girl was saying, but hell i figure if hes going to kill me i'm the one driving and lord knows i'm put my jeep thru some big ditchs lol but if he tired anything i'd pull e brake and slide into a tree or something. but really i have a kind heart i try to help people where i can and this guy i mean he was older guy (white ass hair) with a bag of like 30 pound cat food and some like steaks and crap in his bags lol i myself didn't feel he was going to do anything beside talk me ear off lol

i do stuff like this alot tho mostly in the winter time with people that have gone off the road just cus well i can go off the road and still get back on when i want too (most the time only ever got stuck once)

but ya man i understand why some people don't do it i really do but if you know you can protect yourself if something does go down way not give it a chance cuz you really never know

Jon

That was a good thing of you to do, the stigma hitch hikers get is really shitty. Hell in the late 60s through early 70s my uncle hitch hiked across the country and back multiple times. It's not that there was less crime then(because there wasn't less at all) it's just that people actually trusted people and saw the good in them. Now everybody is so god damn paranoid and thinks anyone that is looking for a ride is trying to rape/kill you or both.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

right i feel ya man, thats why i do try to help people when i got the extra time. i give people the trust if they try to fuk me over well sucks to be them since they don't know what i carry with me ;). that and i beleive in krama if i do something good then good will come back on me at some point in time :)

I usually try to scope the situation out and if my wife isn't w/ me I'll give a ride or change a tire on the side of the road... But like I said, not with the wife because she'd do exactly like your girl

you can't trust people anymore which is a shame. once they stopped public hangings crime rose...

back in 88 I took a weeks while in the military off and did some hitch hiking Canada to Florida to Chicago... it was pretty fun, met some weird arse people for sure.. but back in the early 80's it was the way i got around...

now you have the freaks out and about... look at the moron that strangled all those females in Cleveland... shit if he would of advertised I could of sent him my ex-wife...

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

i have only ever picked up 1 hitch hiker, it was a woman and a baby, i assumed it was hers but it was starting to rain and the last thing i would want is to leave them in the rain...she was pretty nice i guess didnt say more than 5 words and didnt kill me so its a win win lol

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I would if I had a back seat lol.

lol ya it seems alot of people on here don't have back seats.... i wonder why LMAO me on the other hand i have alot of ideas and very little cash plus a little girl that will be turning 1 next month day after my brithday(weird i know lol) so i kinda got to keep my back seat.

and just so all you wondering that just seen that i have a little one, no she wasn't with us (was with grandma) and i don't do this kinda stuff if shes with us since ya i'd more then kill someone if they messed with my baby girl! only time i'd stop is it was like some house wife with kids or something with her with the baby with me then i would stop in help just cuz the kids with them. :)

Jon

edit for my bad spelling!

Archived