tripleb45 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 I like the ideas that you have thus far.Do you plan on gettin more of those hifonics or do you plan on sellin them and gettin somethin bigger. What kind of power to you plan on givin those btl's? Maybe you could run 2 high powered amps to save on space. Like 2 4ks or somethin? Pickup an alt or 2. If you dont mind cuttin your truck up, you could use meades spot for some batts. look for some used ones. I would keep the HU cuz it works and is not necessary to upgrade yet. As for speakers, the 6.5s sound like a good idea. I'd worry about the drive and passenger door first and worry about the back later. Idk, just thought I would spit out some ideas off the top of the dome. Dont let the other peeps on here bring you down. Good luck on your build man! Dam thanks people think that talking ish is funny and look like dam fools. I appreciate that. I am thinking on the amps I dont know. I plan on giving them maybe 3000 to 3500 watts daily. I am thinking about 2 alts. I have already started on the back doors so the front and passenger should go next. I just figured since this is my first time fiberglassing I should start with the less important doors first. I dont know about the meade idea now I am still thinking. Thanks for the positive. People see one jackass act a fool, think its funny, and do the same thing. Now if someone did it to them they would be pissed, but what goes around comes around. lol
BulletInjection Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 I feel ya on that one and I am confused on the coax in the rear, but I am going for balance so I may just run 4 in the front too. Well coax are basically full range speakers and you can't tune it to sound how you want aside from the horrible EQ on the h/u My build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8920&st=100 http://www.youtube.com/Bulletinjection
tripleb45 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 Well coax are basically full range speakers and you can't tune it to sound how you want aside from the horrible EQ on the h/u I sold that Hu and will edit that now. So with a better HU I can right?
Marlo Stanfield Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 So you're saying that you wanna run between 3000-3500w per woofer... What kind of budget are you setting aside for that power and the electrical to back it up?? If you can post up that number I/we can help u out with sum choices and finding quality product for the best price. Also if you have any questions about glassing just drop me a PM and I can help u out. 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN. Pioneer AVIC-N2 (12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s 26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area 156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace
tripleb45 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 Ok I will do about $5500 and if I need more I will put that in the budget. Could someone write me up a decent list with this budget? I want to run sundown amps
sven6977 Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 I wish I could help u with that. I'm a noob, but I just wanted to give u my .02 of support! I'm gonna be starting my t-line build over break and then school and I was worried about the stupid people on here that just put others down (not the majority, but there still are some). I give you kudos for starting a new thread if you have the extra 50ish bucks you should build a t-line in the mean-time and plop a sub in there. theyre fun and get your brain thinking. plus, you can have some boom in the back while you wait for your babies to get re-coned keep on glassing boy. Rowan University Electrical Engineering LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent: Pioneer DEH-P6900UB RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck) two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz Kenwood KAC-7204 US amps 1600.4 V2 Upcoming Build this summer: T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4. Second Skin Should be fun
Marlo Stanfield Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 Ok I will do about $5500 and if I need more I will put that in the budget. Could someone write me up a decent list with this budget? I want to run sundown amps Sundown does make great quality amps but any reason why you've ruled out all of the others?? If you wanna go with new amps then - 4 Sundown SAZ-3500Ds or used 4 SAZ-3000Ds(would save a ton of money this way). The BTLs can handle that power daily so long as the amps are setup correctly, correct enclosure, etc. Electrical(I would suggest more but this IMO is keeping it to a minimum) - (2) 300a+ alts (*Ohio Gen/DC Power/Mechman/Irraggi/XS/ etc).... (6) *Northstar NSB-125s/XS 3100s/etc similar permance batts... (2) Power/ground runs per amp(*2/0 Ultraflex welding wire, 1/0 Kicker hyperflex, Knu Kollosus flex, Stinger Pro, etc). Those would just be the big parts of the electrical setup, still would need to account for fuses/fuse holders/batt terminal/buss bars/lugs/etc other accessories. Honestly between amps and a proper electrical setup $5500 is really gonna cut it close unless you're buying almost everything used. 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN. Pioneer AVIC-N2 (12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s 26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area 156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace
BulletInjection Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 I sold that Hu and will edit that now. So with a better HU I can right? Maybe SOME but you need some sort of external eq but they are not expensive anyway. You could probably get a pretty good one for around $40 if you look. And the amps I think doing the 3500's would be best because if the full 3500 was too much you could still turn the settings down and run them very efficiently and get a super clean signal and if you do turn them down daily you can have a little extra there for when you compete! Well damn get the 4500's then =D My build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8920&st=100 http://www.youtube.com/Bulletinjection
n8ball2013 Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 Ok I will do about $5500 and if I need more I will put that in the budget. Could someone write me up a decent list with this budget? I want to run sundown amps 5500 for everything? I dont see it happening. dual alts and kit. 12-1400 batteries 300x8 2400 buss bars fuses wiring etc 600 you are at 42-4400 alone right there and trust me thats on the cheap side. that leaves you a grand for 14000 watts. It just can't happen. playing big is retarded expensive. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
tripleb45 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 I wish I could help u with that. I'm a noob, but I just wanted to give u my .02 of support! I'm gonna be starting my t-line build over break and then school and I was worried about the stupid people on here that just put others down (not the majority, but there still are some). I give you kudos for starting a new thread if you have the extra 50ish bucks you should build a t-line in the mean-time and plop a sub in there. theyre fun and get your brain thinking. plus, you can have some boom in the back while you wait for your babies to get re-coned keep on glassing boy. I dont necessarily know what t T like is but that sounds decent, and dont give the jealous ones too much attention. Some people feel that it is funny to act an azz and want followers to laugh with them but they ultimately look dumb as hell. But I CAN'T WAIT TIL MY SUBS GET HERE. Sundown does make great quality amps but any reason why you've ruled out all of the others??If you wanna go with new amps then - 4 Sundown SAZ-3500Ds or used 4 SAZ-3000Ds(would save a ton of money this way). The BTLs can handle that power daily so long as the amps are setup correctly, correct enclosure, etc. Electrical(I would suggest more but this IMO is keeping it to a minimum) - (2) 300a+ alts (*Ohio Gen/DC Power/Mechman/Irraggi/XS/ etc).... (6) *Northstar NSB-125s/XS 3100s/etc similar permance batts... (2) Power/ground runs per amp(*2/0 Ultraflex welding wire, 1/0 Kicker hyperflex, Knu Kollosus flex, Stinger Pro, etc). Those would just be the big parts of the electrical setup, still would need to account for fuses/fuse holders/batt terminal/buss bars/lugs/etc other accessories. Honestly between amps and a proper electrical setup $5500 is really gonna cut it close unless you're buying almost everything used. I am looking to aim at spending $5500 but that doesn't mean that I can't do a little more, I just dont want to. lol I chose sundown because I want 4 great quality 3000 watt amps that do rated power and doesn't blow when that power is reached. lol and I have been hearing a lot about Sundown. I think I am aiming for the saz 3000's more than the saz 3500. What amps do you have in mind that can do rated and are 3000 watts rms at one ohm? Maybe SOME but you need some sort of external eq but they are not expensive anyway. You could probably get a pretty good one for around $40 if you look. And the amps I think doing the 3500's would be best because if the full 3500 was too much you could still turn the settings down and run them very efficiently and get a super clean signal and if you do turn them down daily you can have a little extra there for when you compete! Well damn get the 4500's then =D I think I will go with the 3000's unless I find a good deal with the 3500's lol 5500 for everything? I dont see it happening.dual alts and kit. 12-1400 batteries 300x8 2400 buss bars fuses wiring etc 600 you are at 42-4400 alone right there and trust me thats on the cheap side. that leaves you a grand for 14000 watts. It just can't happen. playing big is retarded expensive. $5500 is not my final price I am aiming to spend only $5500 if I need more I will add more. Hopefully not.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.