LoudBimmer Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 before you start your build, you should read a book about car audio and learn what's it about.
tripleb45 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 You sound like you know so could you enlighten me? Did you read that book and what is it called?
n8ball2013 Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 You sound like you know so could you enlighten me? Did you read that book and what is it called? there is no book on car audio that is going to teach you how to do things. you can learn all about ohms law voltage etc but there is nothing like doing it. most of us start out small and on low budget stuff but hey more power to ya. lol. you are definately going to need a bigger budget to do this thing right. this is my electrical for 11000 watts. 2 iraggi 300 amp alts 8 optima group 34 yellow tops(I may need more battery power though) 8 feet of aluminum buss bars 250 feet of 1/0 gauge. 50 feet of 4 gauge fuses fuse holders battery terminals distribution blocks etc bumping big systems is fun. bumping big systems is also mucho expensive .figure every dollar you spend on gear you are going to spend at least that on electrical. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Marlo Stanfield Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 I'd just read through BCAE1.com and look over most of the categories.. You will learn a ton just from reading through it and asking questions here about things you don't understand. 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN. Pioneer AVIC-N2 (12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s 26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area 156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace
PUNKYOU007 Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 before you start your build, you should read a book about car audio and learn what's it about. What book can we all pick up so we can learn what car audio is about? Doethepaperboy "Bars of Pain" Doethepaperboy "Hero Remix" C. Arson d(-__-)b beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.
tripleb45 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 I figured he was saying read up on ohms and things, but car audio? I figured that it was a typo
tripleb45 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 What book can we all pick up so we can learn what car audio is about? lol
IH8PunkRok Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 before you start your build, you should read a book about car audio and learn what's it about. lol look whos talking.... now tripleb45 why do you want to run 3k per woofer? im not sure on your audio background but that can cause issues if things are not done properly. just stating. however i do admire what you want to do so i say keep on going. but the key, the absolute best thing you can do is less talk more rock if ya know what i mean. another thing. electrical first sound next. no one believes that at first but it really is how things should be. if you have specific questions i can try and help but im only good at mainly theory things. good luck man -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
tripleb45 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 lol look whos talking....now tripleb45 why do you want to run 3k per woofer? im not sure on your audio background but that can cause issues if things are not done properly. just stating. however i do admire what you want to do so i say keep on going. but the key, the absolute best thing you can do is less talk more rock if ya know what i mean. another thing. electrical first sound next. no one believes that at first but it really is how things should be. if you have specific questions i can try and help but im only good at mainly theory things. good luck man I just feel if I am going to have kick ass subs then I need some kick ass power. I am in the process of getting alts and batteries, and I do believe if I would have done it over again I would have done the electrical first, but what ever I will do the dam thing.
tripleb45 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 DAM I am sanding the hell out of these doors and it dont even seem like they are budging, dam resin and hardener lol. I am hand sanding to make sure I am careful. Any suggestions? I am using 40 grade
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.