15" Btl-vids-roof Flex-custom Bass Nob Install

Damn man you are screw-happy!! It looks good, but having screws that close together actually weakens the wood as opposed to using wood glue with screws further apart, or brad nails. But you should have no problems, keep the pics comin.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Damn man you are screw-happy!! It looks good, but having screws that close together actually weakens the wood as opposed to using wood glue with screws further apart, or brad nails. But you should have no problems, keep the pics comin.

thats what i thought too when i first seen it. idk though since thats a btl. it might rip the box apart like you were saying.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

i dont think ill have any problems im double bafflin' it and im using 2x4's on the inside to reinforce it....if it does rip it apart....i learned something new right :)

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

ok been up since 7am this morning working on it and finally finished it...for now. I still need to sand it a little bit more if i am going to paint it which i think i am. I think i am going to be really surprised when the BTL gets here and i listen to it...i hope it gets here before saturday im going to tha Dub car show on dallas with one of my friends.....that would suck if it didnt get here no bump :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

placing the second baffle in

Posted Image

a little liquid nailz...

Posted Image

fits pretty good

Posted Image

left a little hangin off the back so i could cut the angle to match the back of the box.

Posted Image

screwed the second baffle on and cut the hole for the 15

Posted Image

is anybody in there

Posted Image

Posted Image

put the 2x4 in for xtra support....wasnt much room so i just put one should be enough.

Posted Image

ready to put the top on.

Posted Image

all sanded down...fits like a charm

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

perfect....theres about one and a half inches between the amp and box when the seat is all the way back

Posted Image

Looks AWSOME MAN. Great work. Gotta love a big sub on a small car lol.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

hey thanks man first box in a few years....now that i look at it i think i did go a bit over board on the screws lol

Looks Like Old School Box building to me..Before all these High Tech 3000+ Lbs per sq inch wood glues how do you think boxes were built..With alotta screws..It looks fine..Masterpiece if ya ask me!

Archived