Wiring Help Please

ok so i decided to run a 180 alternator and a kinetic 800 in the trunk, Of course I'm doing the big 3 but do I run my 0 gauge power from under the hood to the positive in back and then ground it in the trunk? Also for i'm using http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046 so will I just run run my power wire from the second battery to the distibution block then put my fuses between the output wires and the amp? oh and should I just ground the amps to the battery in back since its so close? Any help would be great

thanks,dan

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

run your positive from the front to your positive of your amp. you ground your negative of your amp.

also, yeah you should get a distro block.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

run your positive from the front to your positive of your amp. you ground your negative of your amp.

also, yeah you should get a distro block.

Sorry for any misunderstanding I know how to wire up amps I wanted help hooking up two batteries and placement of the fuses

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

What you said will work fine. It's a better idea to ground the second battery to the first battery, but either way works well. And yes you can ground your amps to the second battery. Just think of it as one big circuit.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

What you said will work fine. It's a better idea to ground the second battery to the first battery, but either way works well. And yes you can ground your amps to the second battery. Just think of it as one big circuit.

thanks alot man I just want to get it right the first time :)

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

Archived