Sundown Audio

AQ1200d at .5ohm?

Rogers

ok so i have an AQ1200d on the way.. im still trying to decide on woofers... im thinking about running 3 dual 4ohm 10's to it... comes out roughly to .66ohm but i figure after impedance rise it will proble be closer to 1ohm... anyways ive heard of guys running the AQ2200d at .5ohm... but dont know if it would be ok with the 1200d..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Well I got the AQ1200D, but only 1 d2 sub, so I couldn't really test it for you, but..when I had my ZX300.1, which they said isn't .5 ohm stable, I wired it to .5 ohm and it never blew on me, but it would go into protect after like an hour or two at full tilt, so this may be same with the AQ, may not..not positive, but if you find out, let me know

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Well I got the AQ1200D, but only 1 d2 sub, so I couldn't really test it for you, but..when I had my ZX300.1, which they said isn't .5 ohm stable, I wired it to .5 ohm and it never blew on me, but it would go into protect after like an hour or two at full tilt, so this may be same with the AQ, may not..not positive, but if you find out, let me know

Im pretty sure you can I have heard of people doing it before Basshead08 runs his at .5 i think its in his sig.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Im pretty sure you can I have heard of people doing it before Basshead08 runs his at .5 i think its in his sig.

Well according to the diagrams on the12volt, lowest I can wire it at is 1ohm load, which is how I have it wired now

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

wire it up how youll have it in the box and then test your rise with a meter.

rise jumps all over the place when your music is playing, read skittlesrgood post in sundown audio section

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I'm still very confused as to how running a Kicker ZX300.1 @ .5ohm is relavent in any way... Also did u really run an amp at full tilt @ .5ohm for 2 hours straight?? If so :01nocomment8so:

But to the OP - You should be just fine running it at @ .66ohm daily.. Just make sure to set your gains correctly, don't be stupid with volume knob, keep an eye on your voltage and make sure the amp doesn't get to hot.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace