talk about a sub unloading!!

xXxOuTLaWxXx

lowest is 16hz in the original, almost no amp will produce anything below 10hz, most its 20hz

sub is not unloading , sounds like its slammin

It is slamming, no doubt; but that sub is unloading on that on that one low note.

"Unloading" refers to when a sub plays below the enclosure's tuning frequency. Below the tuning frequency, a 4th order enclosure offers almost no mechanical support for the cone (basically that HCCA ^^ is playing in free-air at 7hz).

That said, this sub doesn't appear to be in any mortal danger from that little bit of unloading. He doesn't seem to have enough power to do that on the Bass I Love You song. The HCCA is an extremely tough sub and if it was in mechanical distress, it would look WAY more violent than that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yeah i like how people don't read, playing below tuning fq and below f3 is 2 completely different things, i play below my tuning fq quite well

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

Just plug it into a wall socket.... Make a vid of that

lol , my buddy tried to do that with an old 2001 sony xplod to get it replaced under warranty but the moron set it cone down on the work bench and pluged it in , needless to say , cone cracked into a bunch of pieces and best buy wouldnt warranty it B) ha i got a kick outta it though ... lesson learned

• 2 months later...

It is slamming, no doubt; but that sub is unloading on that on that one low note.

"Unloading" refers to when a sub plays below the enclosure's tuning frequency. Below the tuning frequency, a 4th order enclosure offers almost no mechanical support for the cone (basically that HCCA ^^ is playing in free-air at 7hz).

That said, this sub doesn't appear to be in any mortal danger from that little bit of unloading. He doesn't seem to have enough power to do that on the Bass I Love You song. The HCCA is an extremely tough sub and if it was in mechanical distress, it would look WAY more violent than that.

well said

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

Archived