new moon breaks first day record

How lame is that? How could such a dumb movie beat The Dark Knight on first day earnings.

clickz

Summit Entertainment’s vampire-romance sequel “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” rung up a record $72.7 million in opening-day boxoffice on Friday, easily topping domestic rankings.

That bested a previous single-day boxoffice mark of $67.2 million, set by Warner Bros.’ Batman sequel “The Dark Knight” in July 2008.The first-day tally for “New Moon” included $26.3 million in boxoffice from a total 3,514 performances at12:01 a.m. Friday, which set a record for witching-hour coin.

Consensus pre-release forecasts put the likely first-weekend tally for “New Moon” at $85 million-plus. Not even a meteoric burnout on Saturday and Sunday would keep the largely female-fueled film from soaring well past those projections.

“Dark Knight” holds the record for the biggest opening ever, at $158.4 million. Whether “New Moon” – which is playing in more than 4,024 locations this weekend – will hold up well enough in its second and third days of release to approach that record is virtually unknowable, as the sequel is traveling into uncharted territory for the franchise.

Edited by BLuejoules

7e770874-fae3-49d5-ad82-4cabf106fead_zps d3abdb88-50bf-42d8-9628-e257559ec11d_zps

IG: devinthydude

Well, Twilight is a huge fad...bigger than a lot of people thought it would become. I personally hate it, had to watch the shit in school....the first one that is

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

this makes me want to throw up

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I still think it is funny that Modern Warfare 2 made more than that in the first day(310million), so that Gay Twilight Movie is still leaps and bounds away from being the biggest "Entertainment" Launch.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I still think it is funny that Modern Warfare 2 made more than that in the first day(310million), so that Gay Twilight Movie is still leaps and bounds away from being the biggest "Entertainment" Launch.

haha thats crazy i didnt even know that!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

comparing modern warfare is a little unfair. Say on average a movie ticket is $10. Video games $60. So the price of seeing a movie is 1/6th (in this model) of buying the game. Take fridays income of 72 million and multiply by 6 it comes out 432 million. 432-310 = 122 million difference.

Granted modern warfare 2 made more money but two different price categories, two different types of entertainment.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

comparing modern warfare is a little unfair. Say on average a movie ticket is $10. Video games $60. So the price of seeing a movie is 1/6th (in this model) of buying the game. Take fridays income of 72 million and multiply by 6 it comes out 432 million. 432-310 = 122 million difference.

Granted modern warfare 2 made more money but two different price categories, two different types of entertainment.

I guess that is true.....IDK I just feel like the Twilight Movies are the Autotune of the Movie World, sure they are Mega popular now, and everyone loves it, even though the movies arent that great, but I dont think it is still gonna hold its popularity in a few years. Basically what I am saying is that IMO Twilight is a fad, and in a year or two the fad will end, and there will be another fad.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.