25 members have voted

1. 1. Mid preference

• 6.5"
    • 8"
  2. 2. cone type

• paper PA style
    • yellow kevlar cone
    • Carbon fiber/grey black

I'am wondering what you guys would like to see more.

a 6.5" midrange/mid bass, or a 8" mid bass/bass driver?

There IS a reason why I'am asking, so responses would be productive.

Looking at 150rms 2" coil, single 4ohm, yellow Kevlar cone, and black aluminum frame, or a PA style cone that is more efficient than the yellow Kevlar cone.

What do you guys think?

EDIT:

This is what Iam looking at

SDC10038.jpg

dont bother looking at the sticker saying 30w 8 ohms, this is more for looking at the frame, but this is what the 6" would look like from the back side

SDC100391.jpg

paper cone rubber surround it looks like

SDC10041.jpg

Kevlar

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i voted 6.5" just because it would require less work for use in most applications, alot of vehicles come with 6.5's and getting a 8" to fit or put in conjunction would take fiberglasing or at the very least some cutting, and i voted the yellow kevlar simply because of looks lol

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

should I put in a vote for Carbon fiber as well?

Yellow Kevlar does look sexy, but CF will match more with most any interior

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

so is this something you are going to be building and offering as a comp set? if so just so happens im in need of some and would love to test them out :)]

edit:if black carbon fiber was a option when i voted i woulda chose that

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i got a question for you. my bass starts to dissipate a bit after about 65 hz

which one of those options would take care of that dip and still cover midbass?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

should I put in a vote for Carbon fiber as well?

Yellow Kevlar does look sexy, but CF will match more with most any interior

i like the sound of that :D

8" will help with that gap of bass from 65hz on up to 300hz or so

Logan, I'am looking on to getting the parts, or having them manufactured

To have them manufactured is only like 25% higher than cost of parts. So, I may go with having them pre-built. But I REALLY am against importing pre made products, if I don't have to

I would rather make them myself, and be able to offer options like single 2ohm, 3ohm, stiffer, or softer suspension, longer winding width coils, or shorter depending if its going free air, or enclosure.

The motor on the 8" will be a 50oz magnet assembly, so there is a good possibility to have soft parts to make the 6.5" and 8" in to actual subwoofers, using longer throw coils, taller surrounds, more handling etc

something I'am toying with, but I'am really really interested in doing this

If I sell about 25- 10" woofers, I can make this a reality quicker than expected

sundown.jpg

pics posted

sundown.jpg