Betsy Gets Bass Finally

i would love it more if i sanded everything, filled it... and fleckstone painted it

and i want to add a second recessed baffle so i can roundover the port

but i haz no tools

so at least ill have something, i cant wait to hear sheet metal slappin against everything, ugh

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Where your cutting that out, is that behind the rear seat?

Is there a armrest that folds down there? If not cutting that metal really wont help sound travel into the cabin, even if you port the box into the cabin.

Thats one thing Ive never figured out is why people just port their ports into the cabin and not the drivers, the bass comes from the movement of air caused by the driver(s) not the port. A properly sized port should have very little air velocity coming out/in. After all the port is just a vent hole to unload the drivers and not meant to make a sound(s). (not applying this to you at all Decaf, just putting it out there) Heh.

I know for a fact that your 150% better off cutting out the rear deck between the factory speaker locations for a few reasons.

A bigger hole = more air/sound transfer between the trunk and cabin space.

Also the sound does not have to travel thru the seats (if there is no folding arm rest).

With the factory rear deck it is un-noticable from the inside of the car and will only see it if you crawl in the trunk and look up..

Not to mention when you slide your box to the back of the trunk its going to cover most the hole up.

Just some ideas.

My caddy I cut the entire rear deck out (1.5feet by 3 feet).

Otherthen that, your off to a good start!!

Im loving the Re and the audio que logos on the birch. Nice and clean!!

believe me, i didnt choose this car, it was given to me... so im just doing what i can

i know its not ideal, hell im using a 4 yr old duralast as the batt for awhile, no big three... so its not biggy, just something temporary

there is an armrest that folds down

theres also a compartment in the middle of the rear deck oddly enuf that might work just as well

i havent even taken the rear deck off, or seats out, nor know how yet, so when the time comes... we will see how ambitious i get

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i mentioned it in the other thread

couldnt get the 1/0 thru the firewall

might take till saturday to cut a hole or find one (if i need to cut a hole, plus i need to cut the armrest metal out and the rear deck storage metal)

sucks

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
i mentioned it in the other thread

couldnt get the 1/0 thru the firewall

might take till saturday to cut a hole or find one (if i need to cut a hole, plus i need to cut the armrest metal out and the rear deck storage metal)

sucks

No updates? I wanna see some pics! Im about to start cutn the armrest metal outta mine within the week! Idk if im gunna cut out the rear deck piece tho? (cus mines only got 75K, Its real clean... Dont wanna fuck it up to much)

Rebuild in progress...

small update... i couldnt get thru the firewall so tomorrow my local shop is doing the firewall bushing and cutting the rear armrest out for now

eventually ill get rid of the rear 6x9s and cut another hole out since my car is basically worth $800 it wont matter what i do

im good friends with the shop so hopefully $20 will get me slightly bumpin

after xmas ill get a new starter battery, and maybe accessory battery... ill see how they hold up on stock 120a alt

keep in mind im setting gains for ~600w rms total

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived