Blown?

L7 and solo are the same thing. I own a pair of L7 Kicker Solo Baric 15" . Hey if you find some one to re-cone it hit me up i have two 12" L7 2005 model the crome or Silver color ones. I also need to be fix.

Alpine D900 head unit 7" flip out t.v

Kicker 6 1/2 components (front,rear)KS 6502

MB quart 3 1/2" in front A/C vent's (center channel)

DC Audio LVL 5 18" (pair) Custom ported box

Sundown 4500 at .5

Sundown 100.4

XS 3100 up front and a pair of XS 6500 in the rear.

1 17" Eiger Vision T.V

2 7" Eiger Vision T.V in Second row.

Dynomat Top to Bottom (foam in all halo beam's)

DC Eng Alt 260SP and a 400SP dual set up.

big 3

Sitting on 24"

If your neighbor don't complain it's not Loud!

So you best go fix your shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you putting even presure on the cone when you push it in?

1st is it new or used?

If used you need to file a complaint quickly.

Instead of pushing on the cone I would preffer you hook it up to an amp in a free air setup and test it first. Your house stereo might even work for this little test as you shouldn't need much power to do this. I preffer you use a test tone, somewhere in the 30 hertz range and even a 50 watt amp should make that woofer go to full excursion with a test tone as long as its being free aired.

If no test tone use rap and don't confuse mechanicle noise that the woofer will make naturally with coil issues. You should hear scraching sounds if its the coil.

Try free airing it with test tones first before you start to worry to much. There are many places to download test tones for free man.

Quite honestly the suspension on those woofers is so tight you shouldn't beable to push in and out on the cone enough to find out and if its new and you are doing this then you might mess up your L7 by trying to force it with you fingers or put a finger through the cone or crack it.

I have owened alot of L7s man and theres not much I don't know about them so try out what I told you first before you start to worry too much.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

like i said on ca.com, put power to it, or run it parallel to a wall socket

OR

pop test it, just connect a 9 volt battery in parallel to each coil, parallel will make the sub go out, series will make it go in, harmless

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

like i said on ca.com, put power to it, or run it parallel to a wall socket

OR

pop test it, just connect a 9 volt battery in parallel to each coil, parallel will make the sub go out, series will make it go in, harmless

Not trying to step on your feet man but don't you think the wall socket trick might be a little too much power to test out a subwoofer thats in this catagory.

I mean an L7 15 will only hold up for about 3 minutes before it blows up.

The wall socket should be a very, very last resort and really IMO should never be a thought in your mind unless you are dealling with some of the major hard core suboowfers out there.

A 9 volt battery won't be enough either. I recomend useing a drill battery 12.5, 14.4, or a 18 volt. The 9 volt just doesn't have what it takes to make an L7 go to and from full excursion.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived