Loudest Set Of Exhaust Pipes For Car

as already said.. pypes violators... they get loud and sound really nasty!

I can vouch for pypes as well, but personally, I'd take SLP loudmouth 1 catback over them, simply because of quality and ease of install. I installed a UPR offroad X-pipe and a Pypes catback on my buddies 2008 mustang GT, dont get me wrong the thing is LOUD LOUD LOUD and sounds hella good but I had problems with some of the clamps and the tubing over the axel knocking a bit. I'm no welder so he'll be taking it to the shop for them to cut some hangers to shorten them a bit. But who knows I've had no other personal experience with pypes so that might of just been one bad set or maybe a bad set for that model of car.

I can vouch for pypes as well, but personally, I'd take SLP loudmouth 1 catback over them, simply because of quality and ease of install. I installed a UPR offroad X-pipe and a Pypes catback on my buddies 2008 mustang GT, dont get me wrong the thing is LOUD LOUD LOUD and sounds hella good but I had problems with some of the clamps and the tubing over the axel knocking a bit. I'm no welder so he'll be taking it to the shop for them to cut some hangers to shorten them a bit. But who knows I've had no other personal experience with pypes so that might of just been one bad set or maybe a bad set for that model of car.

yeah if you look around online alot of the mustang guys have fit problems when they get to the rear of the car and how the tip sits into the exhaust cut outs on the bumper.

if u want the loudest...go with open headers :D lol

Nah run open heads... Valves wont last long but it will be loud for as long as it runs... Lol

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

• 2 weeks later...

FLOWMASTER 10 SERIES RACE MUFFLER FTW!

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

very similar to the slp loudmouth 1, except the flowmaster would be cheaper in price, and quality.

idk dude ive heard both on the same car and im gonna have to go with the flowmaster. wasnt indreibly impressed with the loudmouths.

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

it really comes down to the sound YOU like

what will be loud on one car... may not be on another

what one person thinks is loud/sounds good may not to you

trial and error!!!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

If you want LOUD. True duals are the way to go. If you want something that sounds good and still has volume, then just go glasspacks. Cherry bombs are frowned upon by alot of people because people think it's redneck. but I've ran glasspacks on a lot of my vehicles and it always has a good tone. 3 inch piping should do the trick, too.

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

I promise you straight pipes will be your way to go. ITs not a race car so dont run open headers you dont need to anyway. Run straight pipes but dont run the pipes too large you will loose scavenging and the motor will fall on its face. You could probally run true dual 2.25 pipes and you will have great low end or dual 2.5 and have great mid end and top end. You dont want backpressure you need scavenging and thats all about flow

make your own that way its still legal and it can basically be a straightpipe

if you dont know how to make one you need a welder fiberglass steel sheet metal and the tubing for what size pipe you plan to use

how i've done it is take the tubing thats going to be the going through the muffler drill several holes in it enough to take up most of the space then take the sheet metal wrap it into the shape you want for the muffler weld it together put a cap on one end then take the fiber glass and shove it into the sheet metal so it takes up the space and if you wanna fine tune it for the sound you want dont weld the other cap on but just tack it on so you can add or remove some fiberglass and once your happy with the sound weld the cap on. thats how to make a custom muffler i've done this and it works fine and is cheaper then going out and buying one

Archived