The Big Three

1) At what point would you suggest upgrading to the big three? (200W, 500W, 1000W, 2000W)

2) If someone has a system that really needs the big three but has not installed it yet, what are some of the symptoms besides lights dimming? (mine don't dim at all. Just trying to figure out if I actually need it)

~BONUS QUESTION~

3) I have a 5.9V8 in my truck and I was fucking around yesterday. I hopped in on a cold start, blasted the fuck out of my system, and floored it down the road. It didn't make it very long before I noticed something going on with the way it shifted gears and then it back fired. I've never had either of these problems before and I've gotten down on the truck plenty of times but not while the system is going full blast and never on a cold start. What do you think?

in my opinion if your going to be putting in a sound system, the big three is a must. and i wouldn't start my truck then immediately floor it down the road.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

I'm only pushing 600 watts and my lights dim. I'm going to have to do it in the next few weeks.

RE SE 12" subs (2) in prefab dual ported box (custom box coming soon)

Hifonics bxi610 mono 600 watt amp

Stock HU

Mach RCU

Apline 5 x 7 S Type Speakers (2) (1 blown)

Stock rear speakers (2)

Pyramid Tweeters (2)

After driving around for a bit and messing with my system, I am 100% sure that it IS pulling too much current from the alt.

When I'm just driving down the road my truck preforms as it should. No problems at all. Once I turn the system all the way up it starts struggling pretty bad. Bumping at a normal listening volume and bumping at full blast have a clear difference.

As soon as I get a hold of some 00 wire I'll install the big three and follow up with the difference it makes.

After driving around for a bit and messing with my system, I am 100% sure that it IS pulling too much current from the alt.

When I'm just driving down the road my truck preforms as it should. No problems at all. Once I turn the system all the way up it starts struggling pretty bad. Bumping at a normal listening volume and bumping at full blast have a clear difference.

As soon as I get a hold of some 00 wire I'll install the big three and follow up with the difference it makes.

i had the same problem in my hyundai, running at full tilt i felt that my car was lagging behind... shifting slowly etc. it had a HO alt in it. my pathfinder has the same system w/o a HO alt and for some reason the headlights dim less, the car doesnt struggle as much.. i dont quite understand it.

but all in all, the way that vehicles act while the alt is under strain is kind of annoying, and almost scary

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Def dont get down on ur car on a cold start haha, But yea i would do the big 3 already, either way like the others said, it would benefit for u

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

Archived