Second Skin Audio

Best Sub for the Price?

FI SSDs can't be beat for the price, Type-R 15s would fit the bill perfectly, DC LVL4s, and soooo many others that are right in that power handling/price range.. Just read around, there are more than enough of these threads to be able to compare for yourself.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

"Everybody" loves DC here! There must be a good reason!

Maybe I will try a DC sub one day.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Yeah those DC's are tanks and have heard nothing but good things. I was looking at the FI BL 15 inch fully loaded and thats not a bad price at all? Anyone know how hard that would slam? And the price budget I'm on now (when I get my car that is) would roughly be a 1000 dollars. Plan on spending 300-450 on Sub/Box. I have a the rockford fosgate 1000bd amp. Than I plan on getting Type S or Type R Component speakers, and a JVC headunit.

Yeah those DC's are tanks and have heard nothing but good things. I was looking at the FI BL 15 inch fully loaded and thats not a bad price at all? Anyone know how hard that would slam? And the price budget I'm on now (when I get my car that is) would roughly be a 1000 dollars. Plan on spending 300-450 on Sub/Box. I have a the rockford fosgate 1000bd amp. Than I plan on getting Type S or Type R Component speakers, and a JVC headunit.

We can't tell you how loud it's gonna be even if we had all the info on what you'll be running... You said you're planning on spending 300-450 on sub/box, are you planning on building you own enclosure?? If not then you might want to bump up that price a lil bit. You can get a fully loaded BL15 for like $340ish for it BNIB, but it's gonna be near impossible to get a good quality enclosure built for $110. If you go with someone from the forum, you're prolli looking at at least $200ish and a local shop even more than that.

Btw check out DD 2515s... They will handle the RF amp perfectly and will be right in your price range also.

Edited by Marlo Stanfield

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

the AQ HDC3's will take that amp just fine and there price cant be beat

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

We can't tell you how loud it's gonna be even if we had all the info on what you'll be running... You said you're planning on spending 300-450 on sub/box, are you planning on building you own enclosure?? If not then you might want to bump up that price a lil bit. You can get a fully loaded BL15 for like $340ish for it BNIB, but it's gonna be near impossible to get a good quality enclosure built for $110. If you go with someone from the forum, you're prolli looking at at least $200ish and a local shop even more than that.

Btw check out DD 2515s... They will handle the RF amp perfectly and will be right in your price range also.

Well I have a friend whose cousin built him box thats honestly his entire trunk for only 90 bucks. So I can find someone who will build me a box cheap. (They have the nails all that). And DD, I have never heard of them, could I get a website please?

T3's 2010 line of subs are looking pretty beastly, the contact HHR Ed for pricing on them.

From the amp you're using I think you should go with the T1000....BUT he's also selling a test model T.2000 based on the TSS for 175 plus shipping I believe.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

T3's 2010 line of subs are looking pretty beastly, the contact HHR Ed for pricing on them.

From the amp you're using I think you should go with the T1000....BUT he's also selling a test model T.2000 based on the TSS for 175 plus shipping I believe.

T3's, could you give me a url for the site on whoever makes them haha. Unless your talking about a Fosgate T3

what kind of vehicle do you plan on getting

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage