DC Sound Lab

This is true and has been addressed. You guys all worry to much wait for the test results.

For future reference, most companies test products thoroughly, THEN release information on them.

The same goes for the lvl6 motor, which apparently doesn't even have the proper basket yet.

Obviously this thread is not generating the hype you were hoping for.

Edited by tommyk90

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Major coil rub do to that.

Its was so easy due to the high center of gravity to say, or the former attaching to the cone so high up maybe better. That Just lightly touching the outter side of my cone by the surround would make my coil rub.

Ive tried numerous boxes, to reduce back pressure, different port sizing. Even paid PWK for designs to help reduce this problem but nothing has worked for me.

Versus a the former that is attached by spider, transfers all the energy completely different. Doing the same test with my paper cones I notice no rubbing mostly because the energy is absorbed by the cone and transferred down to one point where my whole cone assembly moves, and not just one side like before.

It was so bad I had my subs reconed 4 different times that DD finally said to send them in and reconed at their cost with paper cones.

Gotcha. I can see that being a problem.

Thanks for the info.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

This is true and has been addressed. You guys all worry to much wait for the test results.

Im not worrying at all.. Just something Ive noticed in my past 3-4 years running a simular setup.

Im pretty sure I said that Ill be waiting to see how DC and T3 turns out. If it works, then DD must not know how to build woofers... :01nocomment8so:

But then again, Im one who builds my stereos to be played at high volume levels daily as well as compete. There is no volume knob in my eyes, its either 150+db full tilt cruising down the streets or off. I never seem to find a happy medium. LOL

If it works, then DD must not know how to build woofers... :01nocomment8so:

But then again, Im one who builds my stereos to be played at high volume levels daily as well as compete. There is no volume knob in my eyes, its either 150+db full tilt cruising down the streets or off. I never seem to find a happy medium. LOL

I used to run DD the question is why did i switch to DC? I have had much better results with DC and so have my customers.

I to am like you i build systems to play music. I would like to think i have done a pretty decent job with my truck it never demos under a 160. If all goes aswell as we hope my truck should see 166 or close to it just in sub improvements.

No, tommy, my examples and questions aren't going beyond the point. You're missing the point.

My point is that you are incorrect when you claim that the material isn't what makes the cone strong. Because in this case and many others, the material chosen is what gives the structure (cone) it's strength and durability. And is why the material doesn't need to be formed in a shape to hold it's rigidity.

But it's clear you didn't start posting in this thread to point out how or why the design will or will not work. You just wanted to criticise (without merit) people for showing their appreciation to DC Audio.

The only thing you've accomplished by doing this is to make yourself look like a troll.

I wonder how Kicker would feel if they knew they had someone on their team going around posting disturbing comments on public forums?

Go ahead and tell kicker, because obviously you just glance over my posts and don't read them in their entirety. THERE IS NO MORE TEAM KICKER. I only keep that in my sig as a reminder of what once was.

Disturbing comments? LOL, please. I'm making some legitimate points here, unlike some people who others would call "haters".

Nowhere did I say that material is the ONLY determining factor in cone strength. I stated several times that in order for a flat cone to be as strong as a concave paper cone, the flat cone will have to be made of a much stronger (and expensive material). There is no inherent downfall to using a flat cone itself, the problem lies in the CONE TO FORMER JOINT. I'VE SAID THIS MULTIPLE TIMES. Why don't you read this thread more closely.

The main point I've been stating (for the 100th time), is that there is NO BENEFIT to developing a flat cone. Same effective cone area, with weaker joints that, according to some, have been addressed. That's great. Still doesn't take away from the fact that this cone is more expensive to produce (thus making it more expensive to buy), and offers absolutely zero benefits.

Don't believe me? Then by all means, prove me wrong. It wouldn't be the first time that I've been proven wrong, and I have no problem with that.

Don't come in here thinking that I'm hating on DC for no reason, because that's hardly the case. All you are doing is proving my point. I come in here to give some criticism and the DC fanboys all jump on my case.

It's one thing for people to appreciate a company. I appreciate lots of companies for the work they do and customer service they have. It's an entirely different thing for people to blindly follow companies without asking questions. I'm sorry that I haven't fallen in line with the rest of the mindless minion nuthuggers.

But I guess I should have known better coming to a site where the owner could fart in a metal garbage can and everyone would say its the best sounding stereo they've ever heard.

Edited by tommyk90

do they need to be better then a normal cone? you'd sell a ton just because people want something different.

yeah they'd look cool and be different but what if that difference is more recones or having the sub fall apart?im just saying but all we can do is just wait till the a team tests its.i mean we cant say really anything until someone tries it out

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Ok...So Tommy wants to see the cone/former joint and believes that there is (In his opinion) no benefit to using this cone. Check.. Got it.

Completely valid question IMO based on previous companies ventures into this particular application. Will he get the answer he wants. IDK and IDC.

What I do want to see happen is the instigation and arguing to stop or I will permanently shitcan any and all parties involved.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]