Second Skin Audio

So why Fi over Kicker??

MOUZEBINN

kickers are good but they either work good or they freeze up after you pump a bunch of money into them and kicker usually doesnt warranty there product very well...i would go with the fi

95 Delta 88

10 inch fubar(2 MB Quart RWE-352 15" on way soon)

1500.1 crunch

kenwood KDC-MP642U

Jp Kustomz

we have had kicker l5 10's in alot of the rides at swat that compete. we have a jeep with 4 tens under window line that will do a 53 and change on dash. You guys know me not to lie. The kicker subs are ok imo, you have to know how to work with them. and we put a butt ton of power on them too and they take it. well, butt load for a l5. and the L5's are louder on meter then L7's so ya. putting this out there from a guy who runs dc and has ran Fi

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Here is my benefits for the SSD:

- Easy to recone

- Better built quailty (the L5/7 are known for beening glued on cheaply and cheap Voice coils)

- Better costumer support

- Better Power handling

- doesn't need a huge fawking box

- Cheaper

- Sounds better

Anymore?

I had 2 12s SSDs and they sounded way better than my L5s and somwhat louder due to it not needing a huge box. Go with Fi, Kicker just has the brand that's it. Period.

Better built? I dunno about that... been running Fi for years. I have had a 18 inch 12 spoke break before... Had a motor shift before (just last week from hitting a pot hole lol).

Costumer Support is about the same in my experiences tbh.

Sound Quality is all install....

Every company has good things and bad things, get what you want and deal with them.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Sounds like everyone Likes Fi, but what about loudness will the SSD get louder than the L5? i've been talking about L5 you'vee all been mentioning the L7?

Current Setup (pictures/videos uploaded)

1997 Grand Prix Se 3.8 V6 (220HP stock)

105A Alternator

Big III

5/8 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-450.1 (1x450RMS @ 2OHM)

1 x Alpine MRP-500.2 (2x250RMS @ 4OHM)

2 x 6 1/2 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (250RMS)

2 x 6 by 9 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (300RMS)

1 x Pioneer dEH-11

1 x 3.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

2 x Kicker COMP 15" S4

Coming Soon! (pictures/videos included)

1997 Grand Prix SE with rear seat removed

225A Iraggi Alternator

Big III

Rear Deep Cycle

0/1 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-500

1 x Alpine MRP-450

1 x Alpine CDA-9885 60x4 RMS

1 x Hifonics Brutus 1605D (1600RMS x 1 @ 1 OHM)

2 x Fi SSD 15" Copper Coil D1

1 x 5.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

2 x 6 1/2 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (250RMS)

2 x 6 by 9 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (300RMS)

Sounds like everyone Likes Fi, but what about loudness will the SSD get louder than the L5? i've been talking about L5 you'vee all been mentioning the L7?

SSD's will get louder if there powered by the correct amp and it a really efficient enclosure, they can take a good bit more than rated power and can be reconed ftw

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

well common sense tells us the l7 is a better speaker then the L5 so if people are saying its better then the L7 then cant we put 2 and 2 together

Truthfully this is some of the poorest grammar and spelling I've ever seen used by anyone over the 2nd grade level.... I only bolded the parts that were gramatically incorrect or spelled incorrectly. Also bolded the parts that made absolutely no sense, but didn't want to just highlight the entire post.

Besides that I love how you care accurately predict the outcome of comparing woofers that you've never ever seen in person... Let alone actually owned, tested, or heard besides on some Youtube videos. Just because you've never seen an FI product in person doesn't mean that it's nowhere to be found in the public eye. Try attending a real competition and I'm sure you'll either run into one or there will be folks there that know plenty about FI.

You clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. So to prevent you from looking like an idiot with another post like this, I'd suggest actually doing a little research, knowing the products you're attempting to compare, and use spelling/grammar check on MS Word.

Spoken like a true champ.I completely agree with what has been said.Fi is available to the public.Anyone with internet access can buy them.And as far as Fi at competitions, just look at who the top trophies are going to ;)

My 2 cents of reply is im sure your the same rat ass kid that tells the teacher whos cheating in class..Grammer and spelling??

Quick to pull your hoe card?? No i dont watch youtube and all that other bs u said..Have you owned a kicker l7 to even

act like you know wtf your talking about... Now u claim i can predict what a fi can do? Thats not what i said jr..I said

the fi and their product line is nowere at all to be found in the whole damn US consumer electronics. I didnt doubt

their product or say they make crappy subs but you wanna be so quick to point the finger and say im a jackass..

Thats probaly y i dont like to post much cause POS like you thats been jacked they're whole life cause you dont know nothin...Like i said im

sure theyre good subs but at the end of the day your not gona find them nowere at any top notch audio sound shops around here

or werever the f**k u live. Does your local sound shop have em? Do they sponsor their products at the consumer electronic's show?

At the end of the day theyre not mainstream and only somebody like you would know or even heard about em..If the mods wanna ban

my ass for this post then so let it be...at the end of the day ima fighter to the heart and ya cant blame my ass cause im not perfect either...

2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P)

Tinted Windows

Purple HID's 10000K

Fog Light HID's 10000K

Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls

Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB

Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable

Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth

Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens

Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor

Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp

2 Kicker L7 15' Solo Barics

Alpine Type R SPR-17S Component's

Alpine Type R SPR-57C Coaxial's

Monster Performance RCA's

0/2 Gauge Wires

BIG III W/Fuse

200 Amps Custom Built Alternator

Yellow Cap Optima Battery Front

Xstatic Batcap 800 Back

Custom Mounted Bass Knob

LED's 2x License & Trunk Light

BoYo VTK-350 Color Backup Camera

Dynamat Xtreme Front Doors & Rear Deck

Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm System/Remote Start

My 2 cents of reply is im sure your the same rat ass kid that tells the teacher whos cheating in class..Grammer and spelling??

Quick to pull your hoe card?? No i dont watch youtube and all that other bs u said..Have you owned a kicker l7 to even

act like you know wtf your talking about... Now u claim i can predict what a fi can do? Thats not what i said jr..I said

the fi and their product line is nowere at all to be found in the whole damn US consumer electronics. I didnt doubt

their product or say they make crappy subs but you wanna be so quick to point the finger and say im a jackass..

Thats probaly y i dont like to post much cause POS like you thats been jacked they're whole life cause you dont know nothin...Like i said im

sure theyre good subs but at the end of the day your not gona find them nowere at any top notch audio sound shops around here

or werever the f**k u live. Does your local sound shop have em? Do they sponsor their products at the consumer electronic's show?

At the end of the day theyre not mainstream and only somebody like you would know or even heard about em..If the mods wanna ban

my ass for this post then so let it be...at the end of the day ima fighter to the heart and ya cant blame my ass cause im not perfect either...

Says the L7 owner :rolleyes:

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Spoken like a true champ.I completely agree with what has been said.Fi is available to the public.Anyone with internet access can buy them.And as far as Fi at competitions, just look at who the top trophies are going to ;)

Digital Designs?

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Archived