The consummate 1/0 gauge wire comparisons

Since everyone is always asking about wire thickness and strand counts etc on wire comparisons, I figured we could start a post with photo proof of side by side comparison shots. here are mine

IMG00003-20091203-1901.jpg

IMG00004-20091203-1902.jpg

IMG00005-20091203-1903.jpg

left to right should be knu kolossus, knu klmx, and the tsunami wiring.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

This is a great thread imo, it should be sticked for future reference, even from the pics you posted i've already decided what i'm buying thanks man

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

its very hard to tell the difference between the kflex and the klmx wire, they both look very similar in strand count and insulation by eye. I'm assuming the biggest difference between the two are the material they are made out of. that tsunami wiring...has some diesel insulation and probably less strand count.

its very hard to tell the difference between the kflex and the klmx wire, they both look very similar in strand count and insulation by eye. I'm assuming the biggest difference between the two are the material they are made out of. that tsunami wiring...has some diesel insulation and probably less strand count.

the klmx is copper clad aluminum look at the end pics. You can see it has a silver and copper coloration to it. The tsunami does have less strand count but I also got two hundred feet of it for far cheaper than I can get the knu. Ill live iwth that choice.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

As long as you stick with a reputable brand 1/0 is 1/0. If you need more power use 2/0 or parallel runs.

This "my xx wire is bigger than yy wire" stuff is stupid. 1/0 is a standard, not a suggestion.

If flexibility is extremely important to you then look at strand count.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

As long as you stick with a reputable brand 1/0 is 1/0. If you need more power use 2/0 or parallel runs.

This "my xx wire is bigger than yy wire" stuff is stupid. 1/0 is a standard, not a suggestion.

that isn't true. I have personally seen a off brand companies version of 0/1 that had WAY LESS strands then a "KNOWN" brands 4ga..... Some companies just love to make the outter cover so thick to trick the customer in thinking that this wire is soooo huge, but really it is cheap ass shit.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

you are really missing the point of this thread.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Thank you. I cannot tell you how many times people think strand count makes the wire better for electrical flow.

that isn't true. I have personally seen a off brand companies version of 0/1 that had WAY LESS strands then a "KNOWN" brands 4ga..... Some companies just love to make the outter cover so thick to trick the customer in thinking that this wire is soooo huge, but really it is cheap ass shit.

I have also seen the opposite as well. I hate the fake flux plastic shit in the middle of some wires that make the wire look bigger.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

I'm thinking of just buying some 1 foot 0 gauge from a couple of different vendors, like 40 bucks and we could have a nice comparison in here,

think i'm gonna do that

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/