Second Skin Audio

Second Skin Enclosure Coating - Protoype pics are up

Good looking out guys so this sludge can be used to reduce noise as welk as coating the box? Pretty cool ill be ordering some.

the spectrum will seal the box better but as far as noise reduction mdf is pretty "dead" so u wont get any gain there

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Something I want to try, is diluting the spectrum a bit and adding some construction sand into the mix for box coating. Just to see what I get.......

Sand all up in your Spectrum... :D

There are a ton of things you can toss into Spectrum to get different results. Rubber chips is the most popular.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Emperor, I will..

Jon, where can I get rubber chips?

I've only found it a few places. One was an industrial supplies company that deals with large turfing companies. The other was a auto paint supply company (they sell it as a bedliner additive).

It's also sold as crumb rubber or rubber powder.

Most places that have it will charge you $1 a pound for like 25 and 50 pounds. I can get a ton (literally) of the stuff for like $600, not sure what I'd ever do with that much... :lol:

usa_render4.png

• 1 month later...

Product got shelved because the formulation wasn't perfect.

Spectrum works great as an enclosure coating. Looks the best when sprayed of course.

usa_render4.png

Need something to cover my wall baffle with, never considered Spectrum. Hmm... Any pics of people using spectrum for this purpose?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Product got shelved because the formulation wasn't perfect.

Spectrum works great as an enclosure coating. Looks the best when sprayed of course.

hmmmm ima have to think about that. only prob is the box is in my truck lol so i would get the stuff everywhere... GUARANTEED