UniqueSounds

Would Bondo work on plastic??

11 posts in this topic

so if you cant put bondo on plastic, then how do bodyshops fix bumpers on all these new cars....please explain that one because we been doing it for years and years

so if you cant put bondo on plastic, then how do bodyshops fix bumpers on all these new cars....please explain that one because we been doing it for years and years

Its plastic epoxy that they use. Called bumper repair epoxy.

The correct way is to use an epoxy or urethane type repair product to fix the bumper first.

Then use a thin filler or glaze to go over that for final smoothing before primer and top coat.

But that is a different monster than door panels.

If you just used a bodyfiller on door panels to smooth them, it will come off over time.

If the proper prep work is done, and the bodyfiller is done over a repair, then it can be used. But there are limits.

he just asked if he could use it on a door panel. he didnt say anything about fixing cracks. dixing cracks and splits is a whole different story

he just asked if he could use it on a door panel. he didnt say anything about fixing cracks. dixing cracks and splits is a whole different story

I know.

And I took it as if he was asking if he could use it to smooth out the textures.

So the answer is yes you can. But it WILL fall off.

I know.

And I took it as if he was asking if he could use it to smooth out the textures.

So the answer is yes you can. But it WILL fall off.

I was going to use it to fill in a few holes..