DC Sound Lab

DC XL 8000+ watts free air new vid

I don't believe this for a minute, if you want to PROVE they handle 4000w you need to ship 4 of them to me ASAP! :D

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

Well did you see the first vid of the XL flat sub? First note played was 20 hz.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ateamaudio#p/a/u/1/rYsEqXVwGTU

i love the way the flat cones look moving

i must have skipped that first 20hz note because i skipped ur intro when i first watched the video and I went straight to it free-airing

looks promising

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i love the way the flat cones look moving

i must have skipped that first 20hz note because i skipped ur intro when i first watched the video and I went straight to it free-airing

looks promising

You are right it definitely looks different then a regular cone while moving. One of the first things i noticed on my drive with it to Sac-town. but lets not worry to much about the flat sub until i test it out in the trooper. Could happen right after christmas.

that flat cone is sick plus sexy, also that thing is tuff!

Edited by knowledge

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

No benefit A Team, None what so ever. No Benefit. :tease:

do u even know what ur talking about? can u even tell me what mms is/fs/linearity?

there are still no benefits because Clay has no tests comparing the new cones to the old ones that are definitive yet, in a few days we will know how they perform when it comes to the average user

continue ur nuthuggin :good:

sorry, it just bugs me to start chit again on the same topic, there was no point to posting that ricco

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Did you ever think that maybe I was just poking fun at a good friend? The post was made all in fun. I guess you are the law around here so I will keep my joking with Clay to PM, MSN or phone call, Happy?

I may act like a jackass, but im not a total dumbass...

mms- The woooooofers effective mechanical mass in kilo grams.

fs- Driver free air resonance in hertz.

lin- is flow of the orig source signal without distorting..

PS: The Internet is serious business

Edited by lilricco

DC Audio

Stetsom

150 DB Club

i fully understand and partially agree with what your saying but in the end...

the majority of users will see the seasoned people IE yourself, or Steve 2x or 3x the RMS on a unit and automatically think its gonna be fine to beat on all day like that...its that perception that people have thinking they can run 4k to a XL all day long np...

nowhere in this test will they take out of it that they can not do that daily, they will say well that was free air i can do more if its in a box.

If you go through the DC section i guarantee majority of the questions are "how much over RMS can i do on said speaker daily"

In no way am i trying to start an argument or discredit you in any way, i just feel everytime one of these videos or test pop up 50 more people assume that they can hella overpower their equipment without failure and then when it does nobody wants to step up and be real with them as to why it happened.

In a comp environment things are different and i feel people who arent in that environment need to be more informed by mostly the internet manus as to why they cannot run thier equipment daily at those levels.

hell on this very forum theres not 1 post explaining the basic common senses of why a sub can burp off 10k but not play music, yea its common sense but so is the reason 90 percent of woofers blow.

I still dont think your getting his point... The woofer is rated at 1500wrms because it will handle that amount of power for alot longer than it will 3000wrms. If you put 3000wrms to your XL every day all day i doubt it would live very long... however i bet you could run 1500wrms all day everyday and the sub would live. DC Audio has no idea what the customer is going to do to the speaker, I have actually seen DC subs used in bars and clubs. They get hammered on for hours on end. They follow this RMS rule because they know the woofer wont let them down, it will keep on going day in and day out. RMS is there for that reason, its the point where the manufacture feels they can guarantee the performance and half life of there item.

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

Did you ever think that maybe I was just poking fun at a good friend? The post was made all in fun. I guess you are the law around here so I will keep my joking with Clay to PM, MSN or phone call, Happy?

I may act like a jackass, but im not a total dumbass...

mms- The woooooofers effective mechanical mass in kilo grams.

fs- Driver free air resonance in hertz.

lin- is flow of the orig source signal without distorting..

PS: The Internet is serious business

law, not at all... haha

if someone doesnt know u two are friends its easy to see how that could have been taken out of context

and it just seemed like fueling a smoldering fire from the other thread, ya know

i kinda thought the nuthugger and the smiley made it seem less agressive and more jokin... no harm done bro

dude the interent isnt serious business,

its SERIAL business

d97a3822bdececb83971cba8389338c2.jpg

super cereal

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg