Car Insurance while at Basic Training

Okay so I'm leaving for basic training sometime this summer for the Air Force and my parents are fighting with me saying i need to sell me blazer because i wont need it for two or three years and they say ill have to pay insurance on it while im gone. Now i heard something that most insurance companies will do something for the insurance payments since i wont be using it and its a military reason? I ask this because i really dont want to get rid of my blazer its my baby so any help ?

theres a Parking insurance u can get atleast from State Farm Insurance and its only $15 i think it was or less. I had it on a truck i was fixing up, just so it was legal.

you dont have to sell the car just take the insurance off it. You only need it if its being driven- and i dont know about the 2-3 years I leave April 13th for Air Force Basic and I plan on getting a ride and my woman by the end of phase 3 of Tech ( ~11weeks from ship date) but who knows what may happen :)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

My brother went to lackland as well. He never neeeded his car in bmt or tech school. He went to bmt in June of 2008 and got his own apartment off base about a year or so later. Every tech school is different but that will give you somewhat of an idea of how long you will absolutely not need your vehicle.

I appreciate you joining the services man! My brother is stationed in Columbus, Miss. and is an air traffic controller. Have a good time!

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Level 4 15"

AP 3000d

Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets

T400.2

Mechman 250 amp Rhino

2 Kinetik 2400

GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY

If your vehicle is registered it has to have insurance. Ask your insurance company for the info. here in Md if you drop insurance on a vehicle that is registered, you get a hefty fine.

just dont renew the tag when it comes time to renew it and drop the insurance then?

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

just dont renew the tag when it comes time to renew it and drop the insurance then?

Exactly. :)

Also, you won't be away from your car very long. Just lower your mileage to the minimum allowed through your insurance company and tell them why. I had my car with me in tech school, which was about 4 months after joining.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

storage insurance. it will protect if it gets broken into, or a tree falls on it or something

Pioneer AVH P5900DVD

JL Audio XR525 CSi Components (Kickpanels)

Infinity Reference 6020cs Components (Doors)

JL Audio 12W7 Subwoofer

JL Audio e1800D Amplifier

JL Audio e4300D Amplifier

Archived