12 volt motorcycle battery

Has anyone put a 12 volt motorcycle battery as a second battery in the trunk for your audio system? I tried to do a search here and I mostly came up with someone had used a golf cart battery. I've done the big 3, got a deep cycle battery up front/main, and have a 200 amp alternator. By the way I own a 03 Mustang GT. I have a Cadence ZRS 8000D mono amp rated(Gray Cover) @ 2250 @ 1 ohm. Walmart has some that are AGM , so there will be no acid vapors in the car. Since they are the Low Priced Leader I want to get one there. Motorcycle batteries have a small footprint for the reason why I am asking has anyone use this type of battery.

those batteries have NO RESERVE, pointless IMO, do it right, and buy the correct batt/batts for what your power level demands. Also, who used a golf cart batt? I have never seen a golf cart batt in 12v? Only 6v, or 8v? I can see connecting 2 6v batts in series, BUT WHY? WHAT A WASTE of space, and un-needed weight....

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Also, who used a golf cart batt? I have never seen a golf cart batt in 12v? Only 6v, or 8v? I can see connecting 2 6v batts in series, BUT WHY? WHAT A WASTE of space, and un-needed weight....

Never in 12v... you use 2 8v ones in series to get 16v on the cheap :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

those batteries have NO RESERVE, pointless IMO, do it right, and buy the correct batt/batts for what your power level demands. Also, who used a golf cart batt? I have never seen a golf cart batt in 12v? Only 6v, or 8v? I can see connecting 2 6v batts in series, BUT WHY? WHAT A WASTE of space, and un-needed weight....

I was jus wondering cause the motorcycle batteries turns it on, power their lights, and run any other accessories all day long plus some more days until it needs to be charged again. Remember motorcycles do not have alternators. But if u say do it right, so I will. I was seeing if their is an alternative plus trying to save some snaps. Mostly everything car audio is ridiculously overpriced for the reason I asked.

they do make 12 volt golf cart batteries

http://www.trojanbattery.com/Products/24-Gel12V.aspx

these arent cheap but they are awesome

http://www.trojanbattery.com/Products/T-1056V.aspx

these are the 6 volt they cant be put in the passinger compartment a car they are like 135 new

http://www.trojanbattery.com/Products/GolfCart.aspx

here is a list of all of them

the golf cart batteries ar e not really for spl because they dont drain that fast

they do work great for steddy power over a long period of time

from what i have been gathering

correct me if i am wrong

Edited by onlyinajeep

I was jus wondering cause the motorcycle batteries turns it on, power their lights, and run any other accessories all day long plus some more days until it needs to be charged again. Remember motorcycles do not have alternators. But if u say do it right, so I will. I was seeing if their is an alternative plus trying to save some snaps. Mostly everything car audio is ridiculously overpriced for the reason I asked.

motorcycles do have alternators...at least all the ones ive seen.

Has anyone put a 12 volt motorcycle battery as a second battery in the trunk for your audio system? I tried to do a search here and I mostly came up with someone had used a golf cart battery. I've done the big 3, got a deep cycle battery up front/main, and have a 200 amp alternator. By the way I own a 03 Mustang GT. I have a Cadence ZRS 8000D mono amp rated(Gray Cover) @ 2250 @ 1 ohm. Walmart has some that are AGM , so there will be no acid vapors in the car. Since they are the Low Priced Leader I want to get one there. Motorcycle batteries have a small footprint for the reason why I am asking has anyone use this type of battery.

We use the WalMart lawnmower batteries in systems a lot here when the customer has enough alternator power to run everything pretty much by itself. I always like to have atleast one battery in the back reguardless of how much amplifier power you have. They actually work great for us. Dont need reserve.. Just some quick low amperage power for just a few milliseconds here and there. Probably not a popular answer but a good one nonetheless. :o