Question on 1 Run of 1/0 ga vs 2 runs for a 2600-2800 watt system???

Will 1 run of a good 1/0 ga wire like Stinger, Knu, etc, be enough to support the following?

1 x SAZ-2000D fused @ 200Amps

1 x SAX-100.4 fused @ 3x30 (90)

290 Amps total draw

@ 1st I was planning on running two runs, but I don't know if its way over kill or just a little overkill.... I can't remember the exact specs on wire...

If I can get buy with one run, it will make things a tad cheaper (less wire, fuses and holders, less or smaller Batt terminals, etc..) and much easier as far as all all the wire ran and the connecters, connections etc...

This is assuming I will have the Big 3 up front and atleast one exta batt in the rear...

Not doing Comps, just a small daily system... Not trying to Cheap out, but I don't want to waste money either...

I keep putting off ordering the wire needed for this as thngs are a bit tight right here at Christmas... probably, much like a lot of you; We have been spending money like we print it and need to slow it down...

Thoughts?

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

do 2 runs of knukonceptz klmx... 1 run of kollosus fleks is 10cents per foot less than 2 runs of klmx

1.75 per foot

2 runs allows up to 500a so u have room to grow... fuse holders are cheap from them too... like $12-20 with fuse

btw you will likely never pull 290a... maybe 200 total

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Damn it, I knew you guys were gonna say that... :) OK...

I was hoping to get off a bit cheaper / less work since this is my daily system... NO big deal thought, if I'm already doin one run a second won't kill me or the budget...

The system in my other ride, is going to be a little bit more crazy... Nothing crazy like some people do on here, but like (4) 2000Ds and (2) 125.2s...

I'll start up on that one again, if I ever finish this one... sigh...

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

1 run of knukonceptz fleks is 3.40 a foot.... 300a max

so 20ft*3.40=$68

2 runs knukonceptz klmx is 3.50 total a foot... 500a max

so 20ft*3.5=$70

so the two runs is only 2 dollars more and handles 200a more amps so its a better deal in ur case and u dont have to upgrade in the future for awhile (7000w rms)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

1 run of knukonceptz fleks is 3.40 a foot.... 300a max

so 20ft*3.40=$68

2 runs knukonceptz klmx is 3.50 total a foot... 500a max

so 20ft*3.5=$70

so the two runs is only 2 dollars more and handles 200a more amps so its a better deal in ur case and u dont have to upgrade in the future for awhile (7000w rms)

just keep in mind that KLMX is very stiff so if you're going to be running it under your car where there's lots of room you'll do just fine but if you're trying to bend and twist it through your firewall and into your trim or under your console or whatever it's going to be very difficult. If that's your case I would go with 1 run of Kolossus now, and when you upgrade your system just add more Kolossus later.

Also, 1/0 gauge ring terminals / lugs have a tight fit around KLMX, and I've not tried it on Kolossus but if that wire is any bigger you're going to have to get 2/0 lugs which are a tad more expensive.

I have 4 15s and 1 sundown 2000 at .5 ohm w 1 run of 1/0 guage of stinger pro, 2 powermaster d925 batteries in the rear, and a dc power 350 alt and i drop from 14.7 to 13.6. One run is fine but 2 is always better.

2000 White Ford Ranger

5" RCD lift

33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZs on 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic 2s

Euro Altezza tail lights

5% window tint

Clarion Indash

4 Q Power 15s

1 Sundown 2000

1 DC power 300 amp alt(on the way)-soon to be 2

2 powermaster d925s batteries

Second Skin Deadener

Highs/mids amp-Crossfire 404

Door speakers-2 5x7 mb quarts and 1 5 1/4" black max up front, stock 5x7s in the rear

Soon to Come:

Lots of SA-8s

2 Sundown saz 3500s(possible 4500s)

5-7 d3100 batteries

custom clamshell

BNC 8s for mids

undecided tweeters

teamnemesissundown.jpg

just keep in mind that KLMX is very stiff so if you're going to be running it under your car where there's lots of room you'll do just fine but if you're trying to bend and twist it through your firewall and into your trim or under your console or whatever it's going to be very difficult. If that's your case I would go with 1 run of Kolossus now, and when you upgrade your system just add more Kolossus later.

Also, 1/0 gauge ring terminals / lugs have a tight fit around KLMX, and I've not tried it on Kolossus but if that wire is any bigger you're going to have to get 2/0 lugs which are a tad more expensive.

i disagree, klmx is fine unless ur doing small circles, lol, which no one does

get the wire warm in the sun or under ur cars heater and its perfectly fine

and as long as its freshly cut with a sharp cutter mine have always fit with ease in ring terminals and any other standard 1/0 hole

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived