Sonic Electronix

First, i want to excuse me for my weak English. Im from Holland so its not my main language.

The question:

In my next car (probably a VW Golf / Polo) i want great sound. By that, i mean not just bass, but also mids and highs. Also im on a budget.

Also i dont know that much about car audio. I havent wired up a amp (sorry, bassheads ;)). My friends have some installs but they use low quality components (one with a golf has as chinese amp of 500 chinese watts, the other has a much better JBL amp with 630w [but his lights dim on bass peaks]). I want to do it right.

To summarize it:

- Good SQ (Mids/highs, but mainly BASS)

- On a budget

- Good components

So i thought about a Alpine headunit (and my samsung NC10 as a car PC) for mids/highs and a Alpine MRP-M500 (500w RMS monoblock) for bass with some RF subwoofer (which one?).

Is this a good choice or does it suck?

Also i need a box. I want to make it myself, because i have all the materials for it (table saw, router etc etc)

Well im no professional but For sub maybe a P2 or a P3 if you can.

For speakers try looking around the internet there are so many people who are on a budget and they ask questions as well. People answer trust me

hope this tiny bıt of info gives you some sort of direction

Drop a BTL on his head

i think DC lvl 2's beat the infamous jackhammer...

The formulas that you used to predict this enclosure's behavior can't predict turbulence since turbulence is, by definition, chaotic. You can't predict chaos.

also if you dont want your lights to dim do the big three its super easy to find on the forum

Drop a BTL on his head

The formulas that you used to predict this enclosure's behavior can't predict turbulence since turbulence is, by definition, chaotic. You can't predict chaos.

For a good budget..MB Quart for amp and mids/highs. We're the only ones still up haha.. remember its only 6 AM here =)

BTW, your English is better than some on this site! hahahaha

lmao 1pm here in turkey

is mb quart actually good i never really took the time to check them out

Drop a BTL on his head

Well im no professional but For sub maybe a P2 or a P3 if you can.

For speakers try looking around the internet there are so many people who are on a budget and they ask questions as well. People answer trust me

hope this tiny bıt of info gives you some sort of direction

Damn, i just see that i need the biggest P2 series with a 4 ohm DVC (to hook them up in 2 ohm). That one is 400RMS/800max. Is that a problem that im running it with 100w over RMS?

For a good budget..MB Quart for amp and mids/highs. We're the only ones still up haha.. remember its only 6 AM here =)

BTW, your English is better than some on this site! hahahaha

Only one retailer in the Netherlands. So ill stick to the 'easier-to-get-in-Holland' brands.

also if you dont want your lights to dim do the big three its super easy to find on the forum

I was planning to do a big3. But where do i have to put the fuse? And how much amps does my fuse have to be?

One more question

Whats the best box? For a P2 12" subwoofer?

I was planning to do a big3. But where do i have to put the fuse? And how much amps does my fuse have to be?

You'll have one ground going from your engine block to your battery, one ground going from battery to chassis, and one power wire, preferably fused, going from alternator to your battery. And this step really does help a ton with lights dimming, you might want to let your buddy know :)

One more question

Whats the best box? For a P2 12" subwoofer?

Qts is 0.55 for that sub, so just going off that I'd say a sealed box, but if you go to Rockford Fosgates website it'll show you ported and sealed recommended enclosures.

looking at your first post you seem to have an issue with Chinese made amps..

Alpine amps are made in china so are most JBl amps and MB Quarts

That being said, my wife has the MRP 500 on 2 Hertz es200 8's and loves it, she also has Hertz Deici components

She rocks a JVC R800 Headunit because she wanted built in bluetooth

deck 229

amp 229

comps 150

subs 300 for the pair

thats about 900 bucks and it gets raves from everyone that gets a demo in it

Edited by Accordman

looking at your first post you seem to have an issue with Chinese made amps..

Alpine amps are made in china so are most JBl amps and MB Quarts

That being said, my wife has the MRP 500 on 2 Hertz es200 8's and loves it, she also has Hertz Deici components

She rocks a JVC R800 Headunit because she wanted built in bluetooth

deck 229

amp 229

comps 150

subs 300 for the pair

thats about 900 bucks and it gets raves from everyone that gets a demo in it

No, i dont have anything about chinese amps. But he said the amp cost him like 75 euros so it cant be 500w. That alpine unit is 230 euros.