Looking to get a credit card, any advice? lol

I've been thinking for a while that I want to get a credit card and start getting my credit higher up. I am "piggy-backing" off my paps credit now (when I bought my car). It's been over 6 months and I am trying to get a card to help boost my credit up some more. I just plan on using it to purchase the stuff I would normally buy anyway, then just turn around and pay them off immediately. Thing is I have no idea where to start or which card to apply for, so any help would be appreciated. :give_rose:

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

I've been thinking for a while that I want to get a credit card and start getting my credit higher up. I am "piggy-backing" off my paps credit now (when I bought my car). It's been over 6 months and I am trying to get a card to help boost my credit up some more. I just plan on using it to purchase the stuff I would normally buy anyway, then just turn around and pay them off immediately. Thing is I have no idea where to start or which card to apply for, so any help would be appreciated. :give_rose:

i would get a citi card i got one over 2 years ago and it built my credit up nice, but when u first get it ur apr will be kinda high so make sure u pay it on time

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

4 soundstream t4-15s walled

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=cartunez2004

http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t...ht=LOUDCARTUNEZ

get a gas card. evrey time you get gas put that amount of money in an envelope so when the bill comes you have the money to pay it off each month.

Was thinking about a gas card, most say that those are good to start your credit, but take a long time to actually boost it up. Will look into this as well, thanks.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

the way i look at it is it is something that you use anyways and it cant allow you to get things you dont need. i use one of my cards just for gas so that there is always positive credit happening. when you get the bill dont fall into (the minimun payment) scam. just pay it off.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

the way i look at it is it is something that you use anyways and it cant allow you to get things you dont need. i use one of my cards just for gas so that there is always positive credit happening. when you get the bill dont fall into (the minimun payment) scam. just pay it off.

True. I am looking at the Citi Driver's Edge card now, pays 6% on gas station spending (and grocery stores and drug stores) for the first year then %3 after that.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

If you have a sam's Club near you. Buy a membership to the store and see if you can be approved for the credit.

That's how i started years ago.

now i have a number of credit cards with small debts on them (credit card companies dont want you to pay them off immediately and sometimes it wont do anything for your credit score when you pay them off right away.)

Gas cards are a great idea.

Walmart is another that is pretty easy to get.

Capitol one gave me one a month after i got the sam's card.

just keep a small balance here and there but dont go crazy overboard with the debt. :(

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

HSBC, First Premeir Bank, Capital One will give Credit Cards to damn near anyone!

HSBC and First Premeir Bank both have annual fees. iirc its a $75 yearly fee. I know for a fact that FPB will nail you with almost $175 worth of setup and annual fees.

Id look for something without annual fees, and try to stay away from anything higher then 15% interest rates (but these fluctuate according to credit).

Just make sure that you pay it off at the end of each month in entirety. Credit cards are great as long as you use them properly. When applying for cards just make sure to read all the fine print and keep track of all fees you might incur.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace