Scientist And the atom smasher

Its amazing to me.

I know there are people who just dont understand the benefit of colliders and feel that we shouldnt do science because its scary.

But just think of how many new elements were discovered with colliders. I read that colliders are even aiding in creating new scratch resistant surfaces for furniture.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

this is one of those areas that reminds me of the flat earth theory, or when we were designing the bomb...

or that movie with jodi foster and they think it is the end of the world and try destroying it...

but from the second video in the first post... it will look like I have only 32 seconds to worry about it... and I guarantee I won't be paying attention anyways so we can further cut it down to 1 second... I am Ok with that... as long as it isn't a long drawn out process....

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Just look at the energy dissipation of the beam sinks (where they dump the beam if they're not actually doing a collision) - it's equivalent to a 500lb bomb going off or something. From one piddly little proton.

Quite terrifying amounts of energy involved but at the same time in the grand scheme of things it's pathetically small, so much paranoia about this thing. Sure it might be a bit of an excess/extravagance in terms of expenditure when there are probably more worthy projects out there that they could be funding (i.e. Boon's CERN sponsored system anyone :D) but I'm pretty damn sure I would rather have the world's greatest minds in control of a little particle accelerator than the world's most ignorant minds in control of say, a vote that decides the world's most powerful man ;)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

not techincally... the magnets are arranged in places around the circle... its not once contigous magnet

Oh, I know... was just going for a laugh! ;)

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Amps - Memphis 16-MC2.100

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Front Stage - Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5 Components with silk dome tweets

Subs - Memphis 15-M310D4 10" Sub (x2)

Custom box 3.02 ft3 after displacement, tuned to 37 hz

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

Nice guys i like the way the conversation on this thread is going i am finally learning the rest on how this atom smasher works thanks but please keep the thread going so i can read more up on this i know i can research it up but oh well i have it on here.NO Rediculas crap on this thread toward me or ill have you kindly exit this thread. :vava:

VehicleCurrentlyOwned:2000Malibu

\/MySystem\/

Ken-Wood HeadUnit

Cars interior panels Custom blue Done by ME

Pheonix Power block running both amps

Stinger pro series four gauge wire flex material

RimsBrand:Polo

Interior lighting Blue neon bars under and around dash

Capaciter:Pyle Dryver 1.7 farad digital meter read off new(INSTALLED)

http://blog.sounddomain.com/photos/orion/april_21_07_004_2.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg

ahh, thats soo much energy for so few particles!!!!

lets keep our hopes up it wasnt interference

nope, but people are stupid around here... damn fermylab iz steeln my protonz

I lol'd :D

I've always loved things that make everyday things look smile (like the vids showing how small our sun is compared to other stars etc.) and that MASSIVE amount of energy which we cant even fathom, being used on something smaller than a piece of hair.

And x2 on the hopes, even if they did discover dark matter coliders will be helping us make discoveries for a long time :)

lance2.png

just read that the ultimate goal in 2010 is 7 Tev

after those tests are complete they have to rebuild "the accelerator machines" to handle 14 TeV in 4 bunches of hydrogen protons at a time

im blown away by that... granted that is NOTHING when it comes to the actual power it takes to create a stellar blackhole, let alone a massive blackhole

let me try to explain a few things, that should expand ur mind and open up ur eyes to how important the LHC could be

did you know that there is the possibility that what the blackhole accretes/collects (close masses of objects, usually stars) once "compacted as much as a blackhole can" might be a "whitehole" on the other side if you will (some call it a worm hole)... since a blackhole can warp and basically break time and space... theres a chance that what comes out of the other side of the blackhole (whitehole) to us is antimatter, but if you were to be on the other end of the blackhole... "the whitehole side"... it would be matter... and since there is no time or space on the other side of the blackhole.. the matter is actually the "big bang" for a new universe

in other words there is likely millions of other universes created when a stellar or massive blackhole collapses from accreting to much mass that it bends time enough to stretch a new dimension/universe

let me freak you out more

say there is a 1:1000000 chance in 1 universe for life other than us

say there are 1 million universes...

can any one tell me then what the likelyhood is of other lifeforms "similar" to us, just found in other universes?

think about that

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

just read that the ultimate goal in 2010 is 7 Tev

after those tests are complete they have to rebuild "the accelerator machines" to handle 14 TeV in 4 bunches of hydrogen protons at a time

im blown away by that... granted that is NOTHING when it comes to the actual power it takes to create a stellar blackhole, let alone a massive blackhole

I was saying the same thing a couple pages back.

Interesting though.

let me try to explain a few things, that should expand ur mind and open up ur eyes to how important the LHC could be

did you know that there is the possibility that what the blackhole accretes/collects (close masses of objects, usually stars) once "compacted as much as a blackhole can" might be a "whitehole" on the other side if you will (some call it a worm hole)... since a blackhole can warp and basically break time and space... theres a chance that what comes out of the other side of the blackhole (whitehole) to us is antimatter, but if you were to be on the other end of the blackhole... "the whitehole side"... it would be matter... and since there is no time or space on the other side of the blackhole.. the matter is actually the "big bang" for a new universe

in other words there is likely millions of other universes created when a stellar or massive blackhole collapses from accreting to much mass that it bends time enough to stretch a new dimension/universe

let me freak you out more

say there is a 1:1000000 chance in 1 universe for life other than us

say there are 1 million universes...

can any one tell me then what the likelyhood is of other lifeforms "similar" to us, just found in other universes?

think about that

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist

Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

lol, whatd u say ed... all i see is my large quote

Back on pg 2 I think.

When we both were talking about black holes.

And how we are basically on the same subject of Hawking Theory, about matter disappearing into a black hole and essentially becoming the big bang in another universe.

You were saying the same thing as well.

Were you just reiterating?

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist