Sonic Electronix

Do I really need 10k watts for my first system? (daily driver)

Well, you can buy an amp, and set of speakers and have 3K in that alone... :rolleyes:

any amp and speaker combo you bought for that car that came to 3k would probably be overkill for that trunk haha

or you wouldnt get full output from them

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

any amp and speaker combo you bought for that car that came to 3k would probably be overkill for that trunk haha

or you wouldnt get full output from them

you forget there is very high priced high end gear out there. think morel, hertz, focal, etc. you could easily spend 3k on an amp and set of speakers from them.

you forget there is very high priced high end gear out there. think morel, hertz, focal, etc. you could easily spend 3k on an amp and set of speakers from them.

true. Im just thinking of the brands i would run lol fi,sundown, dc etc.

you can get alot of beat from 3k if you know what your doin and what to buy

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

true. Im just thinking of the brands i would run lol fi,sundown, dc etc.

you can get alot of beat from 3k if you know what your doin and what to buy

yep. with some headroom money left over for a badass head unit :D

$1000 for wires

$1250 for subs

$1100 For amp(s)

$250 For Speakers

$500 For CD player

$500 For sound deadner

$500 For alternator

$750 For Batteries

$5350

This may be a 5000 system but it would be done properly and with reliable equipment!

$1000 for wires

$1250 for subs

$1100 For amp(s)

$250 For Speakers

$500 For CD player

$500 For sound deadner

$500 For alternator

$750 For Batteries

$5350

This may be a 5000 system but it would be done properly and with reliable equipment!

i think thats a lil overboard especially on da wires quote!!

05 Ford F150- STOLEN!!!!4 AA Havocs 15s in a WALL4 Hifonics 2006ds1 kinetik 1800 in front4 kinetik 2400s n bakHifonics MaxxlinkAudiocontrol Epicenter2 runs 1/0 guage kicker hyperflexall other wires r knukonceptzTraded In05 Chevy SilveradoAscendant Audio 16 12s2 Mechman 320s1 Kinetik 1800 in front8 Kinetik 2400s n back4 2200 Audioques ampsLots of 0 gaugePioneer DeckAudio Control preampHifonics Maxxlink

NOW

2012 Dodge Ram Hemi

4 Havoc 12s

2 AQ 2200s

2 Kinetik 2400s

Pioneer Deck

Audiocontrol Epicenter indash

All Rockford 1/0 & every cable in there

Jl audio xd 600/6

Rockford Fosgates Mids & highs

Built By Audiotistics!

Running a lot of power isn't necessarily a tricky/dangerous situation to avoid for a newbie. It's just often the case because many (most?) people don't take the necessary precautions to build a reliable, robust high powered system. This involves many electrical upgrades, from multiple HO alts, to large gauge wire and plenty of batteries. It also means running subs and amps that are suitable for the power you intend to run, without being pushed to their absolute limit. Having headroom is a very important consideration to owning a reliable system.

And finally the most important threat to any system is the one behind the volume control. This takes experience, true, but a little research and knowledge goes a long way here.

I don't think there's anything wrong with owning a decently powerful system as your first stereo, but you can't expect to spend all your money on subs and amps and expect it to survive. With your budget you can do a 2000-3000 watt system without much trouble, just plan EVERYTHING.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Get some damplifier pro for the entire car, a shop pack should be decent for the entire car. Get your electrical setup with the Big 3, a beefy alternator and atleast 2 runs +/- front to back. Than get a 3k amp, some decent 15s and wall that aveo. Throw a pair of d3100s in the trunk (you can never go too big on the batts) and you'll pound somethin fierce.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Archived