Sonic Electronix

Do I really need 10k watts for my first system? (daily driver)

How big of a hurry are you in to get this system done?

You got a few months before summer.. I did a lot of ebaying, Craiglist searching and here on the forums to peice my system together...

2003 Mercury Mountaineer

2 RF Punch Power DVC 12" Subs RFR2212 rated at 1000rms = $200.00 (Craiglist local purchase)

2 RF Punch Power DVC 15" Subs RFR2215 rated at 1000rms = $225.00 (Craiglist Purchase drove 160 miles to get these)

Rockford Fosgate T1 6x8 in front and rear doors ( 2 sets for $110.00 on ebay)

Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweeters by sun visors ( 1 set for $36.00 on ebay)

Alpine CDA-9856 ( Used off ebay for $60.00)

Rockford Fosgate T10001bd Amp for 12" Subs ( Bought from member here on SMD for $200.00)

Sundown SAE-1200D for 15" Subs (Bought from member here on SMD for $165.00 )

Rockford Fosgate P5002 (not in use yet) ( Ebay for $60.00)

Rockford Fosgate 500x Amp For Mids and Tweets ( Ebay for $100.00)

Box and materials = $200.00

Batteries = $200.00 Local

Wiring = $200.00 Ebay / Knu wiring

connectors and terminals ect...ect... $100.00

Total ^^^^^^ cost = $1856.00

So if you have patience you can put together a nice system with out breaking the bank.

Imho sealed gets a bad rap. My 1200 rms 15 Diamond audio sealed on my Concept 2400a Bumped hard and sounded great doing it at all frequencies.

After installing it in a friends Dodge Colt and trying to tune it we had tools jumping off the roof of the car.

I had one 15" diamond audio d3 in a sealed box, and sounded pretty good, but no where close to when i went to a 4cubic ft. box tuned at 32 hz. now its amazing. have a 2 door blazer and it broke the passenger side piece that holds the vent window shut. 2 of them would cost you 220 then have a box built, and your in the 140's(db), maybe low-mid if powered right, i have mine has 600rms running to it right now, and it loves it. i would try a couple of those for budget, if not go dc or fi all day.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

start out with 2k to 4k...

nothin teaches someone better than upgrading their system and finding out little tricks and mistakes along the way.

it's too risky to mess with equipment that expensive if you aren't sure what you're doing

Create days ago for another thread

Audison LRx 3.1 K amp possiblitys of amp 2 x 170 + 1 x 750 at 4 Ohm

or 2 x 250 + 1 x 1030 Watt 2 Ohm

or 2 x 160 4 Ohm + 1150 2 Ohm

or 2 x 250 2 Ohm + 710 4 Ohm

This amp is a dicontinued model, new for 1350, and used arround 500 bucks at Ebay, 1 12 or 15 DVC Sub

1 extrabatt for the trunk, 2 x 6.5 for doors, 6 x9 rearfill (for a system like this enough to connect the rearfill on the amp from headunit),

u choose used speakers lot of good offer here from the members, look and hear arround what u like.

+ Wires, fuses, wood for boxes, dampmaterials, somethin to make it nice, headunit and maby u have a small rest for a party.

There u have a small beginner System with components where u have fun for there livetime or u can sell for good if u dont need anymore.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

honestly as a first system i'd recommend to start out small. unless you do lots of research and know exactly what you're getting into. the more power you have, the more dangers you can have. it's better to start small and work your way up. work out your kinks or things you learn the hard way (we all have learned those things lol) on cheap and/or low powered equipment. then when you're ready, step it up. again...unless you have help or know *exactly* what you're doing with the equipment you get, take cautious steps. also like some others said...you dont need 5-10k to get loud. but...that helps of course :D

I agree!

Also, since this is your first system, you should be careful of what type of mp3's you'd be playing in your ride =] A lot of those downloads out there are clipped sh!t if you know what i mean.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived