Sonic Electronix

Do I really need 10k watts for my first system? (daily driver)

just remember that the people that are runing that kind of power are really loud. louder than needed for daily music. and for making that elusive 150 goal that is in everyones head that gets on a forum like this... that is why it is a goal especially on music. less than 1% of the compettitive world breaks a 150DB, even les on music. the average "loud system" is in the low 140's. that is easily accomplished with 500-1500watts. and a pair of subs. and with that power range the electical system in your car will not need to be overly enhanced.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

Agreed with 400 on the wire, that'd get 2 50' spools, or at least 2 runs of power/ground + extra for connecting batts. + terminals, rcas and fuses looking at 500.

Another 4-500 on an alternator.

Just saying a 3400 and 1 3100 around 550 on batteries if getting in on the group buy.

Charging is around 1550 total, should hold out solid for 3kw.

American bass 200.1

with 2 fi qs would be a nice first setup, but then you'll need more money for speakers/4channel.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

if you are looking at going big like that oyu might wanna pick yourself up a spool of 1/0 power wire and a some ring terminals. and if i were you id jump on the group buy we got going on on xs power batteries. its 10 percent off all their batteries. but yea if your looking at setting up your system dont buy your electrical stuff last like i did. now i have to wait to even use my stuff until my batts get here

yeah the stuff these guys recommend is plenty of what you need,i mean i never heard a 10kw system but 3000 watts is enough to get you in the mid to high 140's if built right and thats very loud imho...g/l with it.

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

Thanks all!

On Thursday I went to a place and got quoted $1,842 for a setup, which seems to be good.

2 Rockford T1's (10") - $678

T1500 Amp - $800

Dual ported box (prefab..I know you all hate em but like I said..I don't have the tools to make one) - $150

Rockford install kit with 2yr warranty - $129

and installation - $85

(I would also need to put a new H/U in there too)

I heard this amp, along with 1 of the subs in HIS car, sounded good to me. What do you guys think about this setup? It's not definite yet, I'm going to some other places tomorrow to look there too. I also don't have all of the money yet lol, not until March :P

wow... thats ALOT for those prices LOL

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/t1500-1bd.aspx

you could get stuff cheaper online, and have the shop custom build you a box, in my areas custom built boxes normally range around 200-250 depending on if you want it covered or not.

if your gonna spend 600 for those subs, i would check out DCsoundlab.com or sundown audio subs

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

you could get stuff cheaper online, and have the shop custom build you a box, in my areas custom built boxes normally range around 200-250 depending on if you want it covered or not.

if your gonna spend 600 for those subs, i would check out DCsoundlab.com or sundown audio subs

Yeah, after I posted that I was looking at that onlinecarstereo.com site and stuff is cheaper lol.. so I'll probably get them online and just have them install.

Do you think this setup would be any good though? :)

I dont think its that bad, but i think the subs are over priced for sure 300 a piece for a 10" t1? thats alot

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

x2 wayy better prices for what you get. orr you could do 4 SA-8's trust me itd be loud :ph34r:

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

just a thought

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/08ds12l74.aspx

would match up to your amp perfectly, and they are 12s, but i still would say look into DC subs or sundown subs, they tend to be cheaper then the mainstream stuff

Team DC Audio

Archived