So 2 days ago I was driving with a friend to a nearby car dealer (exotics) because we both got new cameras for Christmas. I was going down one of those, really wide, really straight country roads that the speed limit should be 70 on. I was going I am guessing 65 in a 55. All of a sudden my $35 whistler started beeping at me. It has never really gone off when I have passed a cop along the road before so I didn't even know if it worked. I was going through a section of small little hills, and the intensity would go up and down. All of a sudden I was 5/6 up one of the hills and the thing screamed bloody murder and a state trooper popped over the hill in the other lane.

I was going 54 at this point so I was fine, but the cop made eye contact with me, and I swear he looked down at the radar detector. About a minute later it started faintly going off and the fucker had turned around and was creeping a decent way back trying to catch me speeding...but of course like a smart person I was now cruising at the speed limit. He eventually just turned back around, but I was getting ready to just grab a back road (I had enough room between us) or pull off at a gas station. I have heard bad stories of cops getting pissed then following you til you do something wrong for a ticket.

Anyway, I just wanted to know how you guys would suggest me hiding my detector better. Right now its got a little strip of Velcro nestled up in the drivers side corner of my dashboard. I am going to put some electrical tape over the screen and lights since that's probably what he saw.

But very happy that $35 may have saved me from a ticket and I assume many more, great buy.

On another note, we got to the car place really early, and the sales guy that greeted us seemed to really appreciate it when I told him we got there early to avoid getting in their way. Turns out he is the VP of the Ferrari Club of America (NC) and is going to take us out for a ride/drive in a California.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

I have hidden all of mine in the same place... Behind an air conditioner vent or in the defroster grill. Works like a charm, I hard wire them and mount a little external speaker so if it is in a remote area it can still be heard.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

didnt know police scanners were illegal. when i had one i just stuck it on the shield in the center above the dash.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

didnt know police scanners were illegal. when i had one i just stuck it on the shield in the center above the dash.

i think these kinds are okay, its the ones where you can hear the police talk that ARE illegal. but i may be wrong.

i think these kinds are okay, its the ones where you can hear the police talk that ARE illegal. but i may be wrong.

It depends on the state... scanners (where you can hear them) are illegal in your car regardless...

Some states it illegal to have a radar. most states it's not. Look into your local laws.

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

Radar detectors are fine, and I have a scanner in my car a lot of time too, but I use it for airplanes, I don't think they are illegal, or I have never heard that before.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.