Second Skin Audio

Kicker Solo X 18" vrs Fi BTL 18"

TeejayBee

Yeah i have a friend with a 15" q and we compared one of my L7's to it and my L7 was better now yeah the q is for sq and my L7 is spl but thought we'd see

If your friend knew what he was doing, that q would stomp all over your l7s...

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

what was the point of the video?

bigger is not always better, the x is way over rated

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

so the whole point of the video was to SHOW how badass the solo x is well looks arent everthing and acount for nothing its all in how the sub is built not on how beefey or pretty it looks you cant polish a turd and make it something its not its still a turd

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

coil never heats up, its has a better ventalation flow then the fi, inless i play a note lower then my tuned

Can you explain that statement??? What does playing a note lower than tuning have to do with how good the coil cools? It may mechanically rip the sub apart, but the high excursion should improve cooling if you stay within the subs mechanical limits.

You also said you have never owned a Fi, so if I understand this statement, how do you know it is true?

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

When comparing, you have to put cost into play as well as performance. I owned a solo x 18 and it was a beast. Coils never got hot or nothing, but if I had to pay full price, I would Fi it easily. I wouldn't say solo x is overrated, but yet over priced. Fi would win in price, daily rms, while solo x would win in cone, weight (haha), and probably in burps (10k burp easily). Not sure of the xmax on the Fi, but the solo is nuts there too. Having owned a solo, I would rather own the Fi since they aren't too far off each other and Fi is cheaper and easier to work with. That 18 is a heavy fucker.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

slap that solo x magnet on a btl cone :P

29yr3gg.jpg

Custom Car Audio

(815) 916 - 9194

www.midwestsplcustoms.com

2000 Tahoe | 22" GREED Celebrities

Alpine CDA-117

Dual 0/1 Runs

(3) 925 CA Group 31 In Back

(4) 18" FI Audio Q's (W/ Extra Spider)

(4) Hifonics BXi 2010D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

4 RF P1653 6 1/2's

Big 3

All Kicker/Knu Wiring

and the point of that video was??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I would like to see a round solo X, the same they did with the L7 and the CVX, that way they would eliminate the problems they have with the corners being a stressed, and failing.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived