I currently own a 03 Chevy s10 pick up with a 2.2L engine. I was looking at getting a dual alt setup but after talking to a few people and looking at the avaliable space, its obvious i can not.

So the question I have for all of you is...... Is it possiable to mount up an alternator in the current location of the A/C unit. I personally plan on ripping that out any how and that frees up that location.

I am unsure though as i am new to the dual alt set up and am not knowledge fully on what kind of wires and connections need to be made betwen the two alternators.

Thanks.

Let me see what I can come up with for you. Do you already own a high output alt, or pair of alts? If not I can get you some pricing on one or two of them. I'll also check on a bracket for you to see if there is one already made up. I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to do 2 alts especially if you remove the ac from the truck. Let me get back to you.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

you can definitely do it by removing the a/c unit but most likely you will have to make your own bracket but that wont be hard to do there was a guy on youtube i watched a while back that was planning on doing not sure if he ever did though

Pioneer DEH-P3000IB head unit

Rockford T1000.1bd

Two AQ SDC 2.5 12s

My build log.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84319-darthballsy1s-04-ford-ranger-video-build-log/

v59y52.png

Let me see what I can come up with for you. Do you already own a high output alt, or pair of alts? If not I can get you some pricing on one or two of them. I'll also check on a bracket for you to see if there is one already made up. I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to do 2 alts especially if you remove the ac from the truck. Let me get back to you.

Yea hit me up with some prices, i currently am just running stock but need to upgrade bad. I want to atleast get one HO under there along with the stocker. If the make brackets that you know of hit me up with that info too. I really appreciate it.

Thanks

i had the smae question a few days ago

here

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f105/ac-comp...ernator-425673/

Thanks for the link man, that deffiently gives me a greater idea of what to be looking for and what i will be looking at, did you contact that guy for the part number on the belt. If not do you think you could drop him a PM and possiably share that information with me.

Thanks

Yea hit me up with some prices, i currently am just running stock but need to upgrade bad. I want to atleast get one HO under there along with the stocker. If the make brackets that you know of hit me up with that info too. I really appreciate it.

Thanks

What kind of power are you planning on running in your truck? I know you said that you currently have a stock alt, but what does your electrical look like as far as batteries and runs of wire? I would guess that if you were planning on running just one alt that you'd probably want a 300 or so amp model but you could run a 240 or 260 and be fine as well. It all depends on how much power you plan on running and how much reserve battery power you have on hand. Let me know these couple things so I can get a better idea of what you need.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz