Sonic Electronix

:blink: are we being serious? It depends how the box is tuned. Go look at a fart box strictly for a one note wonder, you'll see 15/18s playing 50hz+. 10s will get JUST as low as an 18. The 18 will just have more force behind it like said before.

EDIT: And just because they are big, does NOT mean they will respond to the bass slower or "sluggish"....

i know tens will get just as low but they wont be heard as much!

and 18's wont get as high as tens you can look at the specs on the same woofer in a 10 and and 18 there gunna be way off!

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

and 18's wont get as high as tens you can look at the specs on the same woofer in a 10 and and 18 there gunna be way off!

You just totally contradicted yourself. First you said 10s CAN get as low as 18s, but not heard as much, but 18s can't get as high as 10s.... Bro it all depends on the tuning of the box, design of it, etc. Go look at fart boxes with 15/18" subs, that are peaking at 50hz+. And if you really think that 10s "wont be heard as much", go check out thorshammers build.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Wow.... My 12" sucks with 45hz+... lol Guess I need an 8!

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

we're not talking about 15's

Still your logical is completely missed guided...as I've state how responsive a driver is depends on alot of things.... Mostly on Mms and BL....

Low Mms and high BL yield a highly responsive driver....of course there more to it than that....but like a I said 18s can play well over 50hz with ease...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

does any body on here even own an 18??

or are you just speaking from what you heard other people say?

Look in my signature. I have an 18 buddy...and I can play 50hz+ fine, it's just not that loud because I did not tune my box that high...

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

bro you wont win this one on this forum.

We need to get back to the original question, you will prob loose some of your mid bass because you will tune the box lower with an 18 than a 10 so the curve will be lower. You will also need a lot more mid/highs to enjoy music with the 18's because they are going to drown out your other speakers. Everything is relative, you can put a set of 8's in there somewhere if you want to make up some mid bass but you should put in the 18's and see if you even need them first. What I have found in the years that I have been doing this is the majority of people are happy with bass and don't build up the mids and highs enough to keep up. This may not be true in your case but I have built countless systems where people put in a couple 12's or 15's and don't even upgrade the factory speakers.

It comes down to tune your box to what you want it to play and you will be happy with it.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

and 10"s can indeed cause major destruction.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Though my single 12" can play just a low as in 18"... Just not as loud (not as much cone area)...

EIther way, get your knowledge straight and stop going to Bestbuy and asking them questions and getting wrong answers.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

and 10"s can indeed cause major destruction.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Though my single 12" can play just a low as in 18"... Just not as loud (not as much cone area)...

EIther way, get your knowledge straight and stop going to Bestbuy and asking them questions and getting wrong answers.

bahahaha is that where you buy your shit??? best buy??

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

Archived