Sonic Electronix

does any body on here even own an 18??

or are you just speaking from what you heard other people say?

dude you are just digging yourself a deeper hole. i've owned 8's all the way up to 18's and the size of the speaker does NOT dictate how low or how high it will play. its all in the box and your tuning

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

ive owned 5 different types of 18s and i had an 18 with a high fs peaking at 36hz. so subs make or break tuning as well as enclosure specs. you would have to hear my truck with 2 nightshade 18s in a 4th order. pretty flat repsonse from 42-53hz. its about .2 difference on the TL sealed on the dash. peaks at 46hz.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

you people are annoying seriously!!!

half of you are talking about something elase completly!

OK, enough of your "I think i'm smarter then everyone here" attitude. You have stepped on some peoples toes in this thread that can/will/always will be WAY MORE knowledgeable then you will ever be in this "hobby"..... You just have no idea how much you can learn on this site, and it sucks that people like you are spreading false info. Please, chill out, relax, and move on.........

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Oh ok so your not talking about midbass up front but midbass from your drivers. Well like hrr said just look at the Fs rating and build a proper box for a flat response if that's what you want.

i think i just gave myself a concussion i facepalmed so hard.

and for the 1's that dont like me.....

well, Im still here fuckers. Cant get rid of me that easy.

Archived