Taking rims off during the winter.

I do it I put my 20's on my infiniti in the summer and 18's in the winter. Its a double win for me the 20's have terrible grip and suck on snow. the 18s are better and not as expensive if they get messed up...

steven.jpg

i always take mine off and most people here do and they now throw sand on the roads like wtf i dont need my rims all scratched and what not

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

i always take mine off and most people here do and they now throw sand on the roads like wtf i dont need my rims all scratched and what not

I say take em off. I live in mass and we get a bunch of snow and even if we only get a dusting like someone else said our roads get sanded and salted heavily. I just take the 22's off first couple of weeks in november, clean them up real nice wrap them In fleece blankets individually and put them down in the basement until I see street sweepers out in the spring.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

i would take them off but if you dont got the spare wheels is ok too, just clean them up from time to time, ive done it and had no issue.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

i would take them off but if you dont got the spare wheels is ok too, just clean them up from time to time, ive done it and had no issue.

That is going to be key....if you decide to keep them on you really have to be diligent about cleaning them very frequently. Salt will mess the chrome up quick!

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Yeah def take them off, mine have been on since early october. the chrome gets pitted if you leave the salt on the wheel for too long, plus grip sucks. oh and not to mention those damn POT HOLES lol have fun bending back an aluminum wheel back or JB Welding that cracked lip :aggressive: just my .02

Not to thread jack, but what if there's not snow in your area, should your rims still be taken off?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Not to thread jack, but what if there's no snow in your area, should your rims still be taken off?

Well then your good, sell your stock wheels/tires lol You can always use the extra monies for audio

Well then your good, sell your stock wheels/tires lol You can always use the extra monies for audio

Hah, sounds good.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Not to thread jack, but what if there's not snow in your area, should your rims still be taken off?

As long as there is no salt, or little sand you should be ok. Although if it still gets pretty cold and you hit a pothole it could do some major damage.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Archived