I love my Kicker Set up.......Cant wait to upgrade to the new L7 to what it does........Only thing that im upset on the new line up is they changed the looks on the zx series so mine looks old now = ( ..........

Check out my build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry717600

GUERO.jpg

4 12" Kicker L7's

1 zx2500.1 Kicker Amp

1 zx650.4 Kicker Amp

All Kicker 1/0 Wire

Headunit Jvc Kw-Nx7000

3 sets of 6.5 Image Dynamics CXS6 series

Iam liking the new look. I have yet to have a solo classic fail to meet my expetations in any install. I love them. THe l5/l5/cvx get hella loud, a little sloppy, but I maybe have 3 installs a year that really care about SQ. the comps are great entery line, the CVR is our go to sub. decent price, good bangage. I dont know what the CVT is, I havent had one sound good yet. Ive got 2-12's and one preloaded 10 I cant give away. Id run a comp before I ran them.

I gotta check out the new amps...time to make some phone calls

and yes, the sales on the 09 stuff is pretty good

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

I wish Kicker would start making subs for the hobbiest again. Personally I think square subs are a huge gimmick, and gets away from the core of sub making. Making good quality subs ranging from the normal guy to the competitor. Just a color change, meh.

how is more sd a gimmick, i mean seriously, they have been out for 10 years, how are they a gimmick? MTX even copied them.........

more quality, have you even tried the new Solobaric Classic, the one that is like the original round one, small sealed, loud and great SQ? The 2010's are different than a color change.

new amps, new SUM, changes to motors and cones, amp internals, loaded enclosures changed some....guess changing product SKU's every years isn't good enough for some.

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

how is more sd a gimmick, i mean seriously, they have been out for 10 years, how are they a gimmick? MTX even copied them.........

more quality, have you even tried the new Solobaric Classic, the one that is like the original round one, small sealed, loud and great SQ? The 2010's are different than a color change.

new amps, new SUM, changes to motors and cones, amp internals, loaded enclosures changed some....guess changing product SKU's every years isn't good enough for some.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Would Know

Hey Polecat do yall ever have any plans on coming out with a round Solo X? That would be Awesome IMO.

I know I love my CVX's and wouldnt mind upgrading if Kicker came out with a round Solo X.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

that pretty much means its a gimmick

MTX are the gimmick kings haha

the true 22 and 24 hahah

i kid

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

How may years has it been for them to get to this stage? Yes they make small updates, but I haven't noticed anything drastic to the build for a while, until recently. Which I applaud them on. The amps may be something different, but I have yet to opened any of the new casing on the ZX amp line, or the two other new lines that they have. Also from what I can tell, what build from the ground up on their sub woofer line do you speak of? Please explain, because I'm curious now? I mean how many times can you improve the same sub over 8-9 years, without redesigning the whole thing? This is the same way they do cars, they improve the body style for consumer needs every 4 to 5 years, which in terms is a result of the motor being redesigned and being more efficient.

To me, it seems every 3-4 years would call for someone to buy a new sub from Kicker, because between the 04 and 08 version there are drastic changes, but bringing a new model every year is just pointless because it doesn't call for a new purchase unless the models are 3 to 4 years apart.

Only then will you notice the changes all around. Like I said this is the reason I prefer bi-yearly or every 3 years for a new model of any sub and or amp. Once again I'll give an example with cars: A 06 Chevy Pick-up is pretty much the same as a 07 Pick up with just a small increase in MPG and fancy new head lights. Now does this justify a purchase? To me hell no.

Also I would love for Kicker to make 2k-5k 1 ohm warhorses or something similar, but Im sure the mass market doesn't call for it. Unless they do like a order only deal online, which I think would be an excellent idea. But their retailers would hate it...

we have H&P, docking stations, all electronics lines, subwoofers lines, coax, componets, which each has seevral SKU's alone, and we evolve and change almost everything on a 2 year cycle. So everything gets a change every year, SKU line specific is 2-3 years.

05 L5 and L7's changed in 06, then all again in 08, they remain the same for 2010. Amps, new in 2008, now new again in 2010, with new DX and IX amps. Woofers change, some coils, some piders, some motors, etc. But if you have ever purchased tooling you'll know why we don't change all so often.

The L series introduced in 2000, CVR's and comps by sales have always been biggest sales, coax changes, Resolutions cahnges, from SS to QS, etc,etc. Something new, CVX in 2006, redone in 2010, small sealed again, Solobaric Classics in 2009. Wow, not to mention H&P, earbuds, home docking stations, Soundgate interfacing, man, it changes daily around here. But behind the scene, it may seem like one particular model may not make a drastic change for a cycle or two, but it is indeed hard, and costly.

5K amp at 1 ohm, nope, tooling is so high, for something so small on sales. i have heard of tooling like $200K. For what, 100 amps a year....no thanks.

I appreciate and value imput from anyone, but understand, in a dying industry (12v) you have to see ALL manufactures side as well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Would Know

Hey Polecat do yall ever have any plans on coming out with a round Solo X? That would be Awesome IMO.

I know I love my CVX's and wouldnt mind upgrading if Kicker came out with a round Solo X.

I personally would like one, a round woofer, with on the spot replaceable cone. I'd vote for that idea for sure :)

Tracy I thought Kicker was producing some of the finest mid-bass drivers on the market. The RMB6 and the RMB8, then later the SSMB6 abd SSMB8.

I was under the impression that those drivers were very popular and sold well and the test reports came back with above average results.

Can you answer why they have been discontinued?

I was really looking forward to getting a set of the SSMB6 midbasses and I'm not sure if I will have any luck getting a set now as they sold out pretty quick.

Can you send me a PM of a way that I can get a brand new set please. This is one of the products that I was talking about that I don't know why it was discontinued. I thought they were a great overall products.

Will Kicker be doing a mid year product release like they have done in the past?

Talk to you soon,

Jon

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Jon, with the changes in the newer Resolution and QS componets, the midbass really picked up. So we felt like we could do away withe SSMB's.

Nothing is on the drawing board at this time to re-introduce any midbass specific. Another option if you feel the need, is the CVT65

Archived