Second Skin Audio

Need sub repaired, tinsel broke off connector.

Well, after pulling the sub out of the box, come to find out the tinsel broke off the connector. Anyone local, that can help me repair this.

0108001358.jpg

whats local...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

almost looks burnt off... but anyways... if its not too expensive of a woofer(which it doesnt look to be)... you could just try soldering it yourself. it wouldnt be very hard... just pull the end up through the hole just a tad and give it a half of a pea size drop of solder.... it doesnt even look like it was solderd in the first place... just kinda pulled through and crimped/clamped in place

what woofer is that anyways?

Edited by Rogers

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

im sure i can fix that if you want to drive here.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

that should be very easy to solder yourself

Yes, it appears to be a simple fix, but the only way to do it properly is at the former and replace the whole tinsel lead.

The drivers where obviously having tinsel slap or too much excursion and is what looks like is the reason for it to rip.

Soldering it back onto the speaker terminal will work, but most likely at lower volumes. Once the driver starts to move it will just rip off again from the simple fact that it is now just a tad shorter then it was origional since it ripped.

I haven't soldered anything in a long time. I will give it a try. I also have a blown sub, that I can grab the tinsel off to extend the one on this sub. If I don't have any luck, I will contact you skittles.

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power. 

any time, i can teach you how to do it yourself while your here.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.