hey i was going to say go out to your car and switch ur wires around on the amp does it sound like they arent getting all the power they should be getting if so i have dont this before u might have a wire backward if easier at the amp just switch the negative to the positive and the positive to the negative

do they sound like they are lacking power and u cant even tell they are hitting but a little bit?

They move, but it sounds like they are sucking air in the port hahaha, they make no bass... I will try to swtich around the pos and neg. It does sound like they arent getting enough power... If that doesnt work I guess that ill try to hook them up seprate both at 4 ohms with all the speaker ports on the amp full, and see if it gets the power back there, or if it is just the wiring is screwed. If the wiring is screwed it would still read out 2 ohms? I checked the wiring earlier today, when I hooked sub A up to sub B and it looked alright, but i'll re check... I hope that it works. Its annoying not having it work...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

i pretty sure that there switch around i did that before and thought it was messed up and took it the car audio shop and they told me to switch them wires around and then it was slammin u probably go ur wires switch around i have done that plenty of time everyone has before

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Well, I checked all the wires, and they are all right. Both subs work by themselves, but not together... I went to hook one up at 1 ohm and it worked fine for about a mile that I drove to get gas. When I got back in the car to come home, I had the stereo up a bit, and the amp just shut off. I went to turn the cd player off and then back on and it didnt do anything. I hope that I have a lose connection somewhere. When I tested the car with both speakers hooked up at 2 ohms, the amp had 14.3 volts going to it... It didnt drop or anything, just dont make any sound. They move, but no bass... very quiet

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Have you bothered to listen to them in the car with the trunk closed?

Yes, dude you gotta believe me. I know what hits and what doesnt. These things arent doing anything... And i had both subs hooked up to different post, and they did the same thing... like I had a pos and neg coming from each sub to the amp

**Neg**I**Neg**I**Pos**I**Pos**

the stared ones are the ones that are hooked up, so all of them, and it still did the same thing... I really need some help guys. The subs are def running at 2 ohms together, I have 14.3 going to the amp when the car is on... what is the deal?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

x2. Sounds like something is wired wrong and causing cancellation issues.

That is the thing though, I just took both subs out to check the wires. then hooked them up individually and they both work by themselves, once I hook up sub A with sub B then for some reason it doesnt play them right... So how is it wired wrong?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

hey i was going to say go out to your car and switch ur wires around on the amp does it sound like they arent getting all the power they should be getting if so i have dont this before u might have a wire backward if easier at the amp just switch the negative to the positive and the positive to the negative

do they sound like they are lacking power and u cant even tell they are hitting but a little bit?

^^^has a point,I'd take both subs out and pop test each coil sepreatly with a 9 volt battery.Even tho you have the subs wired pos-neg it is possible that they screwed up at the factory and put the wrong dots on the coils.I have seen this done before.

So basically wire up 1 coil at a time and with the 9 volt touch the neg wire to the neg terminal and the pos wire to the pos terminal on the battery.The sub should pop out if its wired correctly.

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Archived