how to get rid of static

PioneerFix.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

PioneerFix.jpg

Holy crap....

I am having the same problem.....rechecked everything as well.

Only thing is that I am using the speaker wires from the head unit to input the amp.

If I look at your picture, I can ground all the speaker grounds then as well right.

Edited by Kid Coconut

2004 Ford E-350 PSD.

Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD Head Unit.

(2) FI 15 BTL's waiting on 2 more

(4) Hifonics BXI 26100

(8) Pioneer TS-D6902R speakers

(2) Hifonics ZXI 8010

(2) Audio Pipe Titanium ATX 4060 tweeters.

(2) Kinetik 3800

(4) Batcap 4000

(2) Iraggi 260 Amp Alts.

Holy crap....

I am having the same problem.....rechecked everything as well.

Only thing is that I am using the speaker wires from the head unit to input the amp.

If I look at your picture, I can ground all the speaker grounds then as well right.

I THINK you may have a different problem, then. The reason that grounding the RCA plugs works is because there is a small fuse in the Pioneer decks that, when popped, makes the RCA lose it's ground. So that's why grounding them to the casing helps. But, if you're not using the RCAs then you may have a different problem.

Not 100% sure on that but that's what I think.

I did that to my Pioneer deck after I got a BAD engine noise and it helped but didn't totally fix the problem. When it gets warmer I'm gonna try to get the noise gone. But, I am only using RCAs and not any speaker wires coming from the HU.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I THINK you may have a different problem, then. The reason that grounding the RCA plugs works is because there is a small fuse in the Pioneer decks that, when popped, makes the RCA lose it's ground. So that's why grounding them to the casing helps. But, if you're not using the RCAs then you may have a different problem.

Not 100% sure on that but that's what I think.

I did that to my Pioneer deck after I got a BAD engine noise and it helped but didn't totally fix the problem. When it gets warmer I'm gonna try to get the noise gone. But, I am only using RCAs and not any speaker wires coming from the HU.

After all that I have done and tried, I am convinced that it is the cheap O amp that i bought that is causing this.

I am waiting on a new plug for my Pioneer AVH-P3100dvd so I can use the rca jacks instead of the speaker wires.

The Pioneer that I currently have only has one RCA output and that is for the subs.

2004 Ford E-350 PSD.

(4) Hifonics BXI 26100

(2) Hifonics ZXI 8010

(2) Kinetik 3800

(4) Batcap 4000

(2) Iraggi 260 Amp Alts.

ya the speaker wire wrapped around that did help a little but its still there. Cant believe I spent all this money on a damn deck and I get this problem. This will be the last time I buy a pioneer

Lincoln LS build

Dat 4125

IA 40.1

2 CD omega 12s

4 AA carbon fiber 7in mids

3 optima yellow tops

Damplifier pro everywhere

Well,

I have the Pinoeer AVH P3100DVD without any problem now.

In my case it was the cheap amp that I was using. I swapped that cheapo amp out with another Hifonics amp and all my noise was gone. I also used shielded RCA cables instead of normal ones.

I would look further before tossing that Pioneer.

Hope you get it solved.

JR

Edited by Kid Coconut

2004 Ford E-350 PSD.

(4) Hifonics BXI 26100

(2) Hifonics ZXI 8010

(2) Kinetik 3800

(4) Batcap 4000

(2) Iraggi 260 Amp Alts.

Polen,

Make sure your RCA cords are not ran down the same side of the vehicle as the power wire.

Also if they cross over any power wires in the back by the amp or are tangled around power wires it is enough to cause interference (even if they are single, double, or triple shielded rca cords).

If your not using the same ground bolt for all your amps, try using the same ground bolt.

If you have any sort of add on device such as an eq, processor, etc up front make sure your using the same ground as your headunit. Same goes for if your using any type of bass cube, epicenter in the rear. Many times to many devices having too many different grounds will cause interference.

If none of that works, try a new set of rca cords. Just goto walmart or a radio shack and buy some cheapo cords and see if that eliminates the problems. A $40 set of rca cords is just as good as a $10 set, and the more expensive set wont improve any sound quality.

Ive had problems with Knukonceptz wires before and will never use them again. Just built cheap imo.

Edited by Audiofanaticz