Sundown Audio

Setting gains

DylanH

i linked you what it needed to be...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

its very simple math bro

take the rms wattage u want to set it at

multiply that # by the resistance ur sub will be

then square root that number

3000w(rms)*2(ohms)=6000

sqrt6000=77.46v

the exact same thing armyguy linked u to, lol

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

:mellow: There are tons of topics on here already on how to set your gain with a DMM. Sadly I never saved any of them. Here is a simple way.

Set all the gains on the H/U on zero, or off. Turn the gain on the amp all the way down. Unhook the sub(s) from the amp, and plug the DMM into the amp. Play a 40-50hz tone, you decide which one, all in that range will work (I personally used a 50hz). Now the formula with an example.

Let's say you want 500 RMS. You will find the square root of 500 which is 22.36. So if you are running the amp at 1 ohm, you will want the DMM to read out 22.36. If you are running at 2 ohm, you will want the amp to read out 44.72 (which is 22.36 x 2). So on and so on.

Wrong!!

If your are running 500 watts at two ohms you multiply the 500x2 then take the square root. dont multiply after you take the square root

500 at 1 ohm = sqrt(500 *1) = 22.36 volts

500 at 2 ohm = sqrt(500 *2) = 31.62 volts

500 at 4 ohm = sqrt(500 *4) = 44.72 volts

also dont put every settin on the HU at zero set your gains. then boost every setting. if you leave the sub settings off and have the eq for the low frequecies down when setting the gains, leave them off.

and some ppl say to set you deck at 3/4 volume, but when you have every setting at 0 you can usually turn it all the way up without clipping.

I have a premier deck. and an oscope I can have the volume at 61/62 with no clip, im almost positive there is still no clip at 62

but say i turned the eq all up, the bass to +6, loudness on, then it could probably clip at 30/62

Yes, but not everybody has a Pioneer HU, i saw a thread about when a Alpine HU starts clipping and it was at about 25 out of 31 or 32.

my point is not if everything is set to 0

My is rated 4 volt outputs but when its all it zero, i think mine was down to 2.5 volts.

how high are you supposed to turn a headunit to get the voltage out of it? because my stockers start distorting at around 40-45 with everything at 0. but my preout voltage is only 0.14 at best but i cranked it up to 55 with the stockers screaming at me i still only got 0.55. and i read it supposed to be 2.2. its a pioneer deh 2000mp

Edit i turned the bass to +4 when it was at 55

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

how high are you supposed to turn a headunit to get the voltage out of it? because my stockers start distorting at around 40-45 with everything at 0. but my preout voltage is only 0.14 at best but i cranked it up to 55 with the stockers screaming at me i still only got 0.55. and i read it supposed to be 2.2. its a pioneer deh 2000mp

Edit i turned the bass to +4 when it was at 55

u have 2v preouts, so maybe try going to +6, does this headunit have a hpf for the interiors so bass isnt played thru them?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived