Sundown Audio

This v.s that? Rockford fosgate 40001bd or Hifonics sampson 7k rms

solosickness

They are both different type of amps, the sampson makes way more power than the fosgate, buts is best suited for spl. They are not ideal for daily because they have high rail voltage and do not like to idle, they where designed to run daily but they shine at 1ohm reactive and 17.5 volts, they work best in short burst..ie db drag. They are no longer in production, but if you do get one, don't get the ones made in 07/08...(buildhouse errors). The last ones build have internal fans over the drive cards to help dissipate heat, but like I said, the main problem with them is popping caps when they idle to long, protect doesn't come on until 9.2 volts, and if you run them daily, run them over 1ohm dcr and don not mount directly to your box,(they blow feet off the mosfets from vibration). Its a $500 fix if you blow one, and about a 3-4 month wait to get fixed(C.I.A amp repair). I have never owned a bd4000, but from what I have seen, it will be better suited for daily apps...and the sampson is more like the ddz2hv than the z1. Similar board to the new american bass 1100.1 and cactus sound k9 and both of those make over 12k with the right electrical and impedance

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

pm rusty(dc subs), he use to bass race and burb with the sampson a couple of years ago, and I think he still has two sampsons, iirc

supercharged hummer h2

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

link to build log:

My link

If i had the cash, id go rockford. You just get more respect running RF as oppose to Maxxsonics.

Plus i love rockford's clean power and their amps arent named the t4k because at 16volts they do 4000. They do like 4300-4500 at 14.4volts. Hifonics has that tendenciy to say it does 7k but only does 5k.

My choice is RF.

You are what's wrong with car audio.....

And the 2nd part is bs also....

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Im not putting them down, HELL i have 4 hifonics 1606ds.

Ive ran t1ks in a dodge ram last year and a lot more people gave it more respect then my 4 hifonics amps.

Its just rockford was around when my dad was in highschool and people just know its good...no great quailty.

and about it doing 12k. I had no idea. Just my .02

hhr i saw your big boy the 10k and i loved it. But i still would want a rockford by choice.

hifonics where around in the 80's as well, hell, when I got into car audio hifonics made the strongest production amp(colossus) in existence..it was two zeuses in one heat sink..the old zed line of hifoincs and their xx and xxv line make rated power plus and are just as good as anything rockford makes

supercharged hummer h2

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

link to build log:

My link

If i had the cash, id go rockford. You just get more respect running RF as oppose to Maxxsonics.

Plus i love rockford's clean power and their amps arent named the t4k because at 16volts they do 4000. They do like 4300-4500 at 14.4volts. Hifonics has that tendenciy to say it does 7k but only does 5k.

My choice is RF

Nothing is wrong with car audio Twisted its just the people regurgitating the same shit that is started from a first opinion having zero knowledge about a product. It is always - I heard or my buddy or some made up crap in attempt to give themselves the feeling of credibility. For instance that quote about respect and rated power actually made my IQ drop momentarily after reading. (No worries bro I took my slingblade ass to the fridge and drank a V8 so I'm good again)

That 2nd part is laughable. I heard that same old bullshit until I clamped my Colossus and came in at 2388w at 2.5ohm. (rated at 2400@2ohm) I may be crazy but I have a feeling I wouldn't have an issue being over 2500w at a straight 2ohm.

You got lucky though. Looks like a few folks that actually have experience with these amps jumped in. Some good info on the Sampson in this thread. Dude you're looking at some nasty current draw, the electrical bill is calling your name. That's a shitty bill to pay.

Live the dream baby...You will be shitting your pants again before you know it.

The both RF 40001BD and Hifonics Sampson 7k Rms are good amp. I did go buy Hifonics Sampson if money and upgrade electrical was an issuse. I do love RF amp but seeing the hifonics sampson and do a whole lots more on power.

• 1 year later...

The both RF 40001BD and Hifonics Sampson 7k Rms are good amp. I did go buy Hifonics Sampson if money and upgrade electrical was an issuse. I do love RF amp but seeing the hifonics sampson and do a whole lots more on power.

yeah but i still need more...

now that rockford fosgate amp is gone my ex stole it from me right before we broke up just 2 days ago. both those batteries too ;'(

now its back too this question again i posted this before the amp.

does it idle good on 16v's most say use it for 18vs for a setup but if i did 18vs upgrade will i still have too burp?

also i want more info on the sampson, i might go ahead and get a sampson this time,

im looking for but not required real past experinces. or well educated opinions.

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

My choice is RF.

yessssssss!!

My choice is RF

Nothing is wrong with car audio Twisted its just the people regurgitating the same shit that is started from a first opinion having zero knowledge about a product.

which is exactly what he did. then points out 'oh i had no idea'. well then technically you shouldn't post misinformation. if you don't know, don't post. that's just MY .02. there's been a lot of keyboard professionals lately it seems :shrug:

Archived