RE subs for sq use

TeejayBee

Im still wondering why you would want to over-power a sub when your goal is SQ? It makes no sense to me. I built a box for a pair of 12" Q's and it sounded great, but it wasn't an SQ setup, however it did have a decent sound to it while being damn loud.

OP, I think you need to sit down and really think what it is you want to do. It seems like every time I see a thread you started its you trying to take your blazer in a different direction. Take some time and think about what your wallet will allow and what you really want. It's stupid to build two completely different systems for you truck depending on what you want to listen to. Basically I'm saying don't talk about it, be about it.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Im still wondering why you would want to over-power a sub when your goal is SQ? It makes no sense to me. I built a box for a pair of 12" Q's and it sounded great, but it wasn't an SQ setup, however it did have a decent sound to it while being damn loud.

OP, I think you need to sit down and really think what it is you want to do. It seems like every time I see a thread you started its you trying to take your blazer in a different direction. Take some time and think about what your wallet will allow and what you really want. It's stupid to build two completely different systems for you truck depending on what you want to listen to. Basically I'm saying don't talk about it, be about it.

i recommend slightly over rms for dynamic headroom and great low end extension...you just have to have clean signal and self control on the volume knob.

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(4)Hertz HCX-165 (front doors)

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

i know for a fact the RE SE 15 will take a 1000 watts daily.. im running one off a AQ2200D at 2ohm (rated at 1300watts) just send it a clean signal and it will be ok =]

that they will...mine didnt like it one bit..but over the course of a year of pretty hard daily driving the coils only darkened a shade or two and i only smelled them mildly a handful of times..i would say that the application is deff not for your AVERAGE user

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(4)Hertz HCX-165 (front doors)

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

ResonantEngineering and SQ.... a proven combination!

I had a 12" SX for over 4 years, (playing at 3kw) and became European Champion with EMMA´s SQ experienced 5 channel with this setup.

One week later i became BeNeLux Vice Champion DBdrag street-A (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) without any changes to this setup.

So, the answer to your question is YES IT IS!

And about daily to much (rms) power at the woofers....

That´s no problem (even recommended by me) just as long as you know how to handle your gain.

The real question is, what is SQ in your eyes?

Just because most people wouldn´t use 2x(!) 15"(!) for SQ

generalbunkersignature2.jpg

______Some people and performances are beyond words______

Chairman of the foundation "Propper-Droppers Holland" 2012

Founder of the European delegation of `Propper-Droppers' 2011

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ MultiMedia advanced 2010

European Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

BeNeLux vice Champion dB-drag street-A 2007

Dutch vice Champion dB-drag ministreet-sedan 2004

Propper Droppers is about deep, ground wobbling, elephant-and-whale stimulating Street Bass.

The deep stuff. We test at different frequencies from deep, to low to snake’s belly. (Like 20Hz anyone?)

btw, i am still competing in SQ and use at this moment a single 15" TREO CSX 15.22 @ 5kw

So ignore all replies that say big woofers and overpowering isn´t SQ

(the positive side of this is you can play SQ and SPL and DBdrag.... so let´s call it ALLROUND) ;)

generalbunkersignature2.jpg

______Some people and performances are beyond words______

Chairman of the foundation "Propper-Droppers Holland" 2012

Founder of the European delegation of `Propper-Droppers' 2011

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ MultiMedia advanced 2010

European Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

BeNeLux vice Champion dB-drag street-A 2007

Dutch vice Champion dB-drag ministreet-sedan 2004

Propper Droppers is about deep, ground wobbling, elephant-and-whale stimulating Street Bass.

The deep stuff. We test at different frequencies from deep, to low to snake’s belly. (Like 20Hz anyone?)

I wouldn't put 1000wrms on an SE ever again... around 800wrms is about all they like before getting stinky.

Seen two cook off 1kwrms daily....with CLEAN power.... one lasted 2 months the other about 4months.... If you like playing your subs for more than 30secs to 1 min then get a higher end sub....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

well im on the schools computers and alot of stuff is blocked . but what would you guys suggest for my blazer and 18" q or a 15q idk if id do two 15"q's

You can check my youtube videos to see what an 18" ported Q will be like in an SUV.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

Or hit me up for a SEXXX that will take more power than an SE and Have huge bottom end extension.

1975 Oldsmobile Omega SalonStill Under ConstructionTeam Sound QubedTeam H-O Alternators / Team Kinetik AudioR.I.P Team US Amps

WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLD THE FUCK UP!!! I know your honey bun smugglin ass aint talking shit!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived