Sonic Electronix

Hey everyone, I have an Alpine setup with one Alpine Type R and Alpine M500 amp it's my first sub, so naturally I totally love it and look forward to driving to school for once. I have searched all around the forums however and no one seems to use alpine subs, or amps for that matter so I am asking for your opinions, considering I am looking into a type X, please be honest & thanks a lot for any suggestions, or criticism! ~Matt

/////ALPINE

66473.gif

Hey everyone, I have an Alpine setup with one Alpine Type R and Alpine M500 amp it's my first sub, so naturally I totally love it and look forward to driving to school for once. I have searched all around the forums however and no one seems to use alpine subs, or amps for that matter so I am asking for your opinions, considering I am looking into a type X, please be honest & thanks a lot for any suggestions, or criticism! ~Matt

i think for the price they r going for you can get something better

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

I like the type r for the money.

it really needs 1000rms.

and a large ported box.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I was looking for opinions on Alpines Type X, using my type r for reference in that I think it sounds good, thanks everyone for your replies!

My Type R is in a 1.7 ft3 box with a 12 X 1 inch slot on the right side, powered by an alpine m500 amp @ 2 ohms & 1 farad cap (have a small car so it keeps lights from dimming, I know they are useless, but it seemed to of helped....)

Edited by AlpineKid

/////ALPINE

66473.gif

I have used Type Es, Type S's and was going to move up to a Type R or X when I decided to join a few audio forums. After reading around I went a different route and got my Fi SSD.

My Type Es are still going strong about 5 years after I got them. I have one in my Rainier and my buddy has my other one in his Impala. I think they're pretty good subs considering I paid about 120 bucks for two of them 5 years ago.

I killed my Type S's though. Live and learn, and then upgrade.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I was looking for opinions on Alpines Type X, using my type r for reference in that I think it sounds good, thanks everyone for your replies!

My Type R is in a 1.7 ft3 box with a 12 X 1 inch slot on the right side, powered by an alpine m500 amp @ 2 ohms & 1 farad cap (have a small car so it keeps lights from dimming, I know they are useless, but it seemed to of helped....)

to little port in your box,, is it prefab by any chance?

type X sounds real nice, buy for the price of it unlike the type R theres alot better you can get

Yeah man I've been through a lot of Alpines actually. Buddy of mine has two Type Rs in his TSX and those things pound pretty good, and he only has a JL 500W amp hooked up to it. And another friend had two Type S's in his car, blew one but the other still hits pretty good. I bought a Type E a little while ago just for fun and that thing hits decent for how small it is. They are all twelves btw. All in all yeah they are pretty legit, I say if you can look around and find the Type X for a good price, do it. They are reliable subs as long as you don't overpower them. Good luck with search

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Kenwood 5.25" Mids

Alpine SPS-500 5.25" Mids

4 awg Rockford Fosgate wiring kit

Rockford Fosgate P312D2

Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1

Phoenix Gold Tantrum 600.4

Pioneer DEH-3100UB HU

your box should be 2.25cuft

with 35 sqin not 12.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz