Second Skin Audio

Project:B.A.B

I am Working on a Project called B.A.B (Big Ass Box) it is a 30x 36x 14 t-line or Horn enclosure, in the trunk of a Ford Focus Sedan. It will hold 2 sets of Isobaric 10 Inch Sony Xplod Subwoofers.

I made several Designs before I rested on my Final Setup.

This is for a Single Sub Design.

kcxlhk.jpg

This Was for a Isobaric Setup. I added more Bracing to reduce rattles

2cniiwp.jpg

This is the Design I settled on.It will have the Non used Squares between the walls

Filled with expanding foam or PolyFill.

30su6pj.jpg

I will keep the thread updated with Pictures as I make Progress. I have it all marked out on 1 1/2 sheets of 3/4" Mdf Board.

I am open to any Comments suggestions and Criticisms . I may use some PVC pieces in the corners to allow the wave to bend.

hopeful noob

you could do a single throat t-line with 2 sub coutouts at the beginning of the throat and calculate the mouth to the desired sd :01nocomment8so:

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Now I know what you mean .You mean basically the first or second design with a second cutout

yeah, just like that or this.

23lz7fk.jpg

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Depending on the measurement method used weather it center line or other ,It measure a length of 82-88" length . Ideal distance is 84" for these Drivers.

I have learned from researching that

From fs derive ¼ wavelength, chop 5% off that figure – this is your line length.

hopeful noob